When dealing with PDF files, it is not as easy to prominent critical information or comment down additional key points in the file as it is with paper books. By adding a circle to your PDF document, you can easily highlight the crucial points that you need to revise before your exam or overview at the last moment of your presentation.
The question arises about how to add a circle in a PDF. Is it that simple? You will know the answer once you read this article thoroughly. To provide our readers an insight into this and make the process convenient, we have discussed different tools that can help to draw or insert circles in PDFs.
Method 1. How to Add a Circle to PDF with UPDF
UPDF can prove to be handy when you want to add a circle to a PDF or any other shape in the PDF content. With the help of this tool, you can even change the border and fill the color after inserting a circle in the PDF. Moreover, you also have the option to adjust the opacity of the circle to avoid interference with PDF content. Users can also play around with the border thickness from 1pt to 20pt.
1. Add a Circle to PDF using the Shape Tool
Now that you are familiar with the utility of this markup tool, it's time to learn about how to add a circle to a PDF. You will only require a few steps, which is mentioned below:
Step 1: Download UPDF and Upload the Document
To start, you have to download UPDF by clicking the "Free Download" button below. Then, move forward to install it and double-click to launch. Afterward, add your desired document by pressing the "Open File" button to add a circle to it.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Step 2: Access the Comment Mode and Make Adjustments
Now, tap on the "Comment" icon and then choose the "Circle" shape from the shapes tools.
After selecting the shape, you can then adjust the "Border Color" and "Fill Color." Proceed to change the "Opacity" and "Border Thickness" settings to optimize the shape presence.
Step 3: Draw the Circle and Save the File
After making the adjustments, add the circle in the desired place in your PDF.
- Oval: Then, you can proceed to draw an oval using the mouse according to your needs.
- Perfect Circle: Press the "Shift" key on the keyboard and draw a perfect circle with the help of your mouse.
2. Draw a Circle using the Pencil Tool
Afterward, you also have the option to use the "Pencil" tool and draw the circle manually. Set the "Color," "Opacity," and "Thickness" when drawing circles manually via the "Pencil" tool. In the end, head to the "File" tab and click on the "Save As" button. Next, browse the location on your system and save this file.
Other than this PDF annotation feature, UPDF provides several other features to help users handle the documents without any problem. Some of the leading PDF management features of this tool include:
- UPDF AI: Users can also make use of the UPDF AI features to understand the PDF content in a better way. You can either use the "Chat" or the "Ask PDF" feature to solve any PDF comprehension problem you're facing while reading the content. Also, UPDF AI offers Summarize, Explain, Rewrite, and Translate features for better file management.
- OCR: UPDF allows you to recognize text in scanned PDFs using its OCR feature. This tool lets you annotate PDF content written in any language with the help of the OCR conversion. Additionally, you can also retain the layout of the files while doing so. The OCR technology in UPDF supports over 38 languages.
- Convert PDF to Any File Format: UPDF gives you the option to convert PDF files in 9 different formats. This includes multiple Office formats, Image formats, XML, HTML, etc. Moreover, it helps you select the page range before initiating the conversion, and you can also apply the Text Recognition feature on the scanned PDF files.
- Edit PDF in a Convenient Way: Get to edit the text in UPDF and add text, images, or links. Users can change the text size, color, style, and alignment easily for already added text or insert a new text box if needed. Plus, rotate, extract, replace images, and link text to the web or a page smoothly.
- More Annotation Tools for Personalization: The annotation feature allows you to put sticky notes, stickers, stamps, and customized signatures in the document. You can also add an arrow to the PDF or highlight the file and erase it afterward if you don't need it. Due to these features, learning through PDF files becomes easy and more compatible.
Method 2. How to Add a Circle to PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat can help you to make changes in PDF documents, offering different functions to ease the management of your PDF. You can apply various annotation features with the help of this effective markup tool. However, right now, our focus is to add circles to PDF files with Adobe Acrobat. You can follow these steps carefully to give your document a more polished appearance.
Step 1. First and foremost, go to Adobe Acrobat and choose the "See All Tools" option to find the desired tool for this operation. Pick the "Edit a PDF" tool and import your file from your device folder to initiate the process.
Step 2. Now, hit the "Draw Freehand" icon and pick the "Circle" shape to add a circle to the PDF. Afterward, go to the place you want to insert a circle in the PDF.
Step 3. Choose the "Color" icon and modify the properties of the added circle. Here, you can change the color of the border and shape-fill. In Adobe Acrobat, you can also modify the opacity and style of your circle.
Comparing the 2 Tools for Adding a Circle to PDF
After going through this article, you have a good enough knowledge about how to add a circle in a PDF. If you are still confused about the choice of the best PDF markup tool, this Adobe Acrobat vs. UPDF comparison table will help you make a choice.
|Insert Circle to PDF|
|Pencil Tool to Draw Circle to PDF|
|100 + Stickers|
|Pricing||Yearly Plan: US$29.99/Year|
Perpetual Plan: US$49.99
|Acrobat Pro: US$239.88/Year|
1 License for 4 Devices
Affordable as Compared to Adobe Acrobat
|It is the oldest PDF software in the market|
|Cons||It is relatively new when compared to Acrobat, however, its features are very impressive||Expensive Plans|
Old User Interface
We hope that this table has clarified all your confusion about the choice of the annotation tool. UPDF stands as a clear winner when we compare all these features side-by-side. You also get the following benefits using the UPDF:
1. Cost-Effective Pricing
UPDF saves money as compared to Adobe Acrobat for several reasons. No doubt Adobe Acrobat is a powerful tool, but UPDF is a low-cost option for people who want to enjoy the same experience without spending a lot of money. The even better news is that it is now offering a big discount and upgrade before the sale expires!
2. More Intuitive
The interface of UPDF is up to the modern standard, helping beginners to perform any annotation task with ease. Adobe, on the other hand, has quite an outdated interface according to the young generation's standards. You can tell the differences clearly from the screenshot below:
3. Faster Processing Speed
UPDF also provides fast processing speeds to allow users to insert circles and other markup elements within a few seconds. They can even process PDFs with lengthy text using the quick processer of this PDF markup tool.
Situations When You Need to Draw a Circle in PDF
Circles can find their application in multiple scenarios when dealing with PDFs. Let's analyze some of the best use cases of these circles in PDF documents:
1. Highlight Key Points
We want to draw a circle around essential data points, statistics, or figures to make them more prominent. It helps readers to quickly identify important information.
2. Mark Corrections and Add Comments
When we are proofreading or writing reviews about an article, circles can provide an efficient service when we draw it around the text that needs changes. It makes it easy for the original author to pinpoint the text that needs revision.
3. Present Important Data
You can take advantage of the circles to present essential data in them. All you need to do is add a circle to your content and then insert a text box in it to make presentations. This technique is helpful to win the attention of the audience during the presentation.
In comparison to Adobe Acrobat, which is one of the most efficient tools to manage documents, UPDF stands out as a more reliable tool. For all the reasons explained throughout this article, we can say that UPDF is the best markup tool to add circles to a PDF without any hassle. If you want to avail yourself of all the unique features, download UPDF today and enjoy all the extraordinary features.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure