Studying for important exams can be hectic and frustrating if you have to go through bulky PDF files. PDF tools can make this process easier by allowing you to highlight important information in a PDF file. But if a document is long and there are a lot of essential phrases and sentences for you to highlight, the question is how you can differentiate between these. The question you might be asking is how to change the highlight color in PDF, and the answer is using UPDF.
UPDF allows you to change the highlight color in PDF files and add many other features to them. These features can make your reading experience productive and stress-free.
Part 1: How to Change Highlight Color in PDF on Windows?
UPDF is the best PDF tool for highlighting important information in PDF files. You can highlight sentences in different colors and change PDF highlight colors whenever you want through this tool. When using the highlight function, you can use any common or customized color. Follow these steps to learn how to change the highlight color on PDF:
Step 1: Add your PDF File
Open the UPDF PDF toolbox on your Windows and add your PDF file by clicking on the "Open File" button. Browse your PDF file's location and select the file to open it.
Step 2: Highlight your Important Text in PDF
After opening the document, click on the "Comment" tool at the main screen's left sidebar. When you have clicked on "Comment," a toolbar containing different options like highlight, strikethrough, underline, etc., will appear at the top of the screen. Tap on the "Highlight" tool, select the color and start highlighting your essential text.
Step 3: Change the Color of your Highlighted Text
However, if you have already highlighted a sentence and want to change its color to differentiate it. You can do that by double-clicking on highlighted sentence and selecting the new color you want to apply to your text.
Part 2: How to Change Highlight Color in PDF on Mac?
If you have a MacBook and are looking for a PDF highlighter, then don't worry because UPDF is also available for Mac with its fantastic highlighting features. Its highlighting feature offers you a multi-colored palette to choose any color you want and a Pencil tool if you're going to give your document a handwritten look. If you have drawn something wrong, you can use the Eraser to undo any of your actions. The steps on how to change the highlight color in PDF are given below:
Step 1: Launch the UPDF Application
Launch the UPDF app on your MacBook and open your PDF file using the "Open File" option. You can also drag and drop your PDF file on the "New Tab" screen to open it.
Step 2: Use Comments to Highlight the Text
First, access the "Comments" mode available at the left sidebar of the program's interface. It will open a toolbar with all the options to annotate your document, like highlight, text comments, text box, etc. Select the "Highlight" tool, which will ask you to choose a color. You can choose between given colors or can create any customized color you want. After selecting the color, highlight the important text using it.
Step 3: Change the Highlighted Color
If you want to change the color of already highlighted sentences, double-click on them, and select the new color you want. You can also change it to any customized color.
Part 3: Tips for Highlighting PDF Using UPDF
When it comes to highlighting the important text in PDF documents, UPDF offers many other features besides PDF highlight color change. You can do many things when using the highlight feature of UPDF, like adding custom-created colors, adding notes to highlighted sentences, and many more. We have described a few tips below for your ease when highlighting PDFs using UPDF:
1. Highlight PDF with Custom Color
You can highlight text in your PDF file using any custom color. There are many options for you to create custom colors like Color Wheel, Color Sliders, Color Palettes, Image Palettes, and Pencils.
2. Add Commonly Used Customized Colors to Color Panel
If there is a color that you use commonly and it is not added in the quick access color panel, you can add it to the panel. Doing so means you won't have to access the custom color option whenever you want to select that color.
3. Add Notes for the Highlighted Text
While highlighting important text in PDF using different colors allows you to differentiate between them, it is still not foolproof. You can make the highlighted sentences more explainable by adding small notes explaining their reasons for importance. To add a note to highlighted sentence, right-click on it and select the "Note" option.
4. Add Highlights Continuously
When using UPDF to highlight text in your PDF document, you can highlight the whole document in one go by double click the Highlight option. You don't have to stop in between when highlighting a portion or a complete PDF.
5. Remove Highlight from PDF
If you have accidentally highlighted the wrong sentences, you can remove them by selecting highlighted sentences and pressing the" Delete" button from the keyboard. You can also right-click on highlighted sentences and select "Clear" to remove the highlight from the text in the PDF.
Part 4: The Best and Productive PDF Annotator for Windows and Mac
UPDF is undoubtedly among the best tools in the market regarding annotation features for PDF files. Apart from allowing you to highlight text in PDF files using different colors, you can also underline or strikethrough the text using UPDF. The underline and strikethrough features can also be used with different colors and styles. If some text in a PDF document is unnecessary or redundant, but you don't want to remove it, you can use the strikethrough feature on it. It is especially helpful when used by teachers as they check students' assignments and reports.
Main PDF Management Features of UPDF
- PDF Annotator: Aside from offering you the ability to highlight, underline, or strikethrough, UPDF also allows you to use many other features in its PDF annotator tool. You can add text comments directly into PDF files or use a textbox. Sticky notes can also be added to PDF files, and you can add many types of shapes. To protect your file's data from being stolen, you can add a signature, stamp, or watermark on PDF files.
- PDF Organizer: If your PDF file is large, you can split the file into multiple files or delete the pages with useless information. Similarly, you can add, remove, extract, replace and rotate pages in PDF files according to your needs. This feature helps you in managing bulkier PDF files so that you can extract important information you need.
- PDF Editor: It allows you to edit your PDF files by adding, removing, and modifying text, images, and links. You can add or remove text anywhere on the document. It is also possible to change the style, size, and color of fonts in the text. Images can be rotated, cropped, replaced, or extracted from PDF documents. You can also add or remove links from the document. When adding links, you can choose between "Link to Page" and "Link to Web."
- PDF OCR Support: UPDF allows you to convert your scanned documents into editable and searchable PDF files using OCR. The OCR feature of this supports over 42 languages and allows you to define the layout of new documents according to your needs. You can even select image resolution and page range for a new document.
Benefits of UPDF Toolkit
- User-Friendly Interface: The interface of UPDF is user-friendly and eye-catching. It offers all the features in plain sight, so you don't have to follow complex steps to access them. Its layout keeps the user engaged, and anyone can understand it.
- Cost Effective: Despite all the amazing features offered by the UPDF, it is very cost-effective compared to other premium PDF editor tools. It offers quarterly, yearly, and perpetual subscription plans for your ease.
- System Compatibility: UPDF can be used on all devices like Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You won't need different tools for different devices when using UPDF.
- Safe and Secure: It is also highly safe and secure. Your essential PDF files are completely safe when being used in UPDF. With features like watermarks, stamps, and lock PDFs, you can make your documents more secure by using UPDF.
Most of our student life consists of reading long documents and extracting meaningful information from these to pass exams. In hard-form documents, you can use many things like highlighters, pencils, and notes to pinpoint important information in PDFs.
But now, most of your study material comes in PDF form. So, you will need a complete PDF toolbox containing versatile options for highlighting content to prepare for your exams in a stress-free environment. UPDF is the best tool you will find on the market, with all the features required by a student.