The world has strenuously moved on from its olden days. Books certainly have not been immune to the wonders of technology. From paperbacks and hardcovers, the latest trend in the academic world these days is the digital formats of books, aka eBooks. Are you searching for a good eBook reader to help you get back on track with your reading list? In the proceeding read, you can find some of the top eBook readers compatible with your Windows computer so you can get the best eLearning experience.
Part 1: Top 10 eBook Readers for Windows
The online market is filled with apps that can help you read eBooks. Not sure which one to choose? Here are our top choices for eBook readers for Windows computer. You can take a detailed look at their main features, compatibility options, advantages, and more below to make an informed choice:
UPDF is a state-of-the-art PDF reader for PC that can help you get your reading progress on track. The tool provides robust features to boost your productivity for managing your eBooks in real-time. With its accommodating toolset and intuitive interface, UPDF is the best eBook PDF reader you can get for your PC.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems.
- There are no limitations using UPDF.
- The reading experience of the PDF files is extraodinary.
- The app offers quick and accurate search options to help you find your relevant content in real-time.
- The tool has high performance compared to its price.
- UPDF allows users to directly add highlights, text, shapes, sticky notes, stickers, and multiple other elements to their eBooks.
- The OCR feature can convert scanned files into searchable and editable PDF documents.
- You can also edit the text's font size, style, and more in your eBook without having to convert the file.
- The software offers intuitive page management features such as extracting, cropping, rotating, or adding new pages to a PDF file easily and quickly.
2. Icecream EPUB Reader
Icecream EPUB Reader is a free EPUB reader for Windows that can help you significantly enhance your reading experience. You can download the software on your Windows computer and enjoy its useful features. The software supports multiple file formats and can help you easily track your reading progress using its effective annotation tools.
- You can easily manage your eBook library in multiple formats on the software.
- Using its export options, you can seamlessly transfer your eBook library from one Windows computer to another.
- Complicated interface costs a lot of time to use it.
If you are looking for the best eBook reader for your PC, you can try Calibre. It is a user-friendly and useful eBook managing tool that is a must-have for every reader. Besides being completely open-source and free, Calibre offers users an easy-to-use and comprehensive toolset meant to bring out the best in your eBooks.
- Calibre offers extensive support for a wide range of eBook formats, including EPUB, HTML, TXT, DJVU, MOBI, DOCX, and more.
- Using the app, you can convert your eBooks into many supported formats quickly and efficiently.
- Calibre can automatically download newly released articles from the web based on your preferences.
- Calibre has a steep learning curve and can prove to be difficult to use for first-time users.
4. Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions ranks among one of the best eBook readers for desktop computers currently available in the market. Like all other Adobe services, this is a one-of-a-kind and free EPUB reader for Windows that is also available on multiple other platforms. You can use it to purchase and view all types of digital content online and offline easily.
- You can access eBooks in multiple languages on Adobe Digital Editions, including English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and more.
- The app allows you to borrow eBooks from various supported online public libraries so you can save money along the way.
- You can customize the theme, text size and style, viewing and scrolling modes, and more on the app.
- Most of the customization options and other features are only available in the premium version of the software.
Looking for an EPUB reader for Windows 10 that can help you access your favorite books online at zero cost? You can try the digital platform of thousands of eBooks provided by Freda. The tool offers a range of customization options to provide users full control over their eBooks. From synchronization services to multi-format support, Freda has it all.
- Freda allows users to access eBooks from public libraries and other popular eBook domains.
- The app offers integration with major cloud storage services, including Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Freda offers text-to-speech output so you can listen to eBooks online and also provides options to adjust the speed of the reading.
- Freda is only available for Windows 8 and 10 versions.
6. Epubor Reader
Epubor Reader is a professionally designed EPUB reader for PC with an intricate interface and powerful features. The software offers extended support for a range of eBook file formats and is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. Epubor Reader provides fully customizable functions to help you enrich your reading experience on the app.
- Epubor Reader offers easy navigation within eBooks for users with a built-in table of contents and easy switching between reading positions.
- You can adjust the text content between single and dual pages according to the size of your screen.
- Using Epubor Reader, you can sort your eBooks by language, author, publisher, or other categories easily.
- You cannot open DRM-protected books natively on the app.
7. Sumatra PDF Reader
A free eBook reader for Windows that can act as an all-in-one tool is Sumatra PDF Reader. Besides being free of cost, Sumatra is small and portable, which makes it a fast and lightweight tool for eBook viewing. The tool also features a simple and user-friendly interface with a near-to-zero learning curve. Sumatra can prove beneficial as the best EPUB reader for your PC.
- Sumatra features a minimalist and clean user interface that can prove especially beneficial for first-time users.
- You can view various different formats, including EPUB, PDF, MOBI, XPS, etc., on Sumatra.
- It offers quick tabs for seamless customization options.
- Sumatra is a basic-level eBook reader that somewhat lacks full-fledged editing and customization features.
8. Kindle for PC
Powered by Amazon, Kindle is a one-of-a-kind digital library containing eBook assets from around the globe. You can find over a million titles from Amazon's resourceful library, some of which are even completely free. You can access books from any genre easily and even listen to audiobooks with excellent quality sounds and accommodating playback options.
- You can sync and back up your account to access your eBook collection on different devices.
- Kindle's desktop app lets you change the background color and theme to a more accessible mode.
- You can get thousands of free books from libraries everywhere via Kindle.
- Kindle's desktop app is not yet compatible with Windows 11.
Available on the Microsoft App Store for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 devices, OverDrive is a great choice for an EPUB reader. Numerous public libraries offer their eBook titles for borrowing and purchasing on OverDrive. The app also features a light interface with multilingual support. You can thus view and edit your EPUB files on OverDrive without much hassle.
- OverDrive comes with an in-built dictionary to help you look up words and definitions and build your vocabulary.
- The app comes with an Audiobook reader and text-to-speech feature, whose playback speed can be adjusted accordingly.
- You can instantly access your eBooks by pinning them to the Windows Start Screen or taskbar.
- As in physical libraries, there are only a certain number of copies of an eBook available for borrowing, so you may have to wait for their availability.
10. Neat Reader
Neat Reader is one of the best free EPUB readers that you can find for your Windows computer. With its cross-platform compatibility and robust set of features, Neat Reader certainly makes an amazing app to read eBooks for free. You can annotate your books effectively on the app and track all the progress on a cloud storage service of your choice.
- You can conveniently annotate your eBooks, add bookmarks, highlight text, and more on Neat Reader.
- In the premium version of the app, you can greatly customize your reading styles and modes.
- The app is also available for Mac, iOS, Android, and all major browser platforms.
- Neat Reader only supports files in the EPUB format.
Part 2: Frequently Asked Questions for eBook Reader
1. What is an EPUB File?
Electronic Publication or EPUB is a commonly used file format that is used for eBooks and other digital content.
2. How can I Get My "third-party" eBooks into My Reader App?
If you are using an external reader app, you can import your locally stored eBooks into it and view them seamlessly. UPDF has this import option to help you read “third-party” eBooks.
3. What is the Best Reader for PC?
UPDF offers smooth eBook streaming services and also supports multiple file formats for eBooks, so you can get a pleasant reading experience.
4. How Do I Read an eBook on My PC?
You can install an eBook reader on your computer to read the books of your choice easily. The top choices in this regard is absolute UPDF, which not only provides you best reading experience, also has various unimaginable funtions, like adding stamps and watermarks as you want, and OCR for converting scanned files into searchable and editable one.
5. What Kind of Content Can Be Stored in EPUB Files?
EPUB files can support a range of digital content. Besides the traditional text files, EPUB can also contain images including JPEG and GIF; CSS style sheets; TrueType, OpenType, and other fonts; etc. EPUB 3 now also offers support for audio and video files.
Although eBooks are a more modern and contemporary outlook on knowledge and academia, one cannot deny the advantages they provide. Besides helping you save cost and space, eBooks can be customized without much trouble. Hence, having a good eBook reader for your PDF and EPUB files is an evident need.
The aforementioned eBook readers for Windows can come in handy when you want to view, read, annotate, or otherwise edit your eBook for free. A good eBook reading software like UPDF can certainly make your digital reading experience much easier and hassle-free. Download it below for a trial, you will have an amazing journey!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint