After COVID-19, remote working has become common in offices. Collaboration with the team and getting reviews and feedback time is not easy unless you use a tool for this. A document collaboration can streamline your workflow efficiency. Not all people know the best tools which can help them to collaborate without interruptions.
In this article, you will learn about the best-in-class document collaboration tools. Moreover, by the end of this discussion, you will know one of the best and incomparable tools. We will also guide you about the importance and benefits of using these tools.
What is a Document Collaboration Tool
Before getting into the document collaboration software, you need to know what a document collaboration tool is. A software by which multiple users can work on the same document is termed a document collaboration tool. No matter where you are and from what device you are accessing the document, you can easily work on it.
It is a very important and helpful tool, especially for teams. You can share the document with the team, get their remarks, and make changes. Above all, with the help of collaborative document editing, you can modify the document in real-time editing. This also helps to teach newbies how to modify documents.
The Importance and Benefits of Using Document Collaboration Software
Document collaboration software can make drastic profitable changes in your life. Here are some of the benefits of these tools that also demonstrate their importance:
Increased Productivity and Efficiency
As mentioned above, multiple users can work on the same document simultaneously with a collaboration tool. It reduces the time and effort of all the team members. You can also complete tasks swiftly with it. Furthermore, you can control the sharing and commenting of documents, escalating their efficiencyCompareCamp.com. Thus, it can boost both the productivity and efficiency of the users.
Real-Time Editing and Collaboration
With document collaboration, all the users can see the changes that are made by other members. Above all, you can also make the necessary edits without any problems. If feedback and opinion are needed, then another member can provide them swiftly with this. This also reduces the need for messages and emails, so you can save time and effort with it.
Greater Flexibility and Accessibility
Document collaboration also boosts flexibility so everyone can work without compromising their writing styles. Above all, everyone with access can open the document anywhere and anytime. It also optimizes the accessibility ratio of the document. Thus, you can now streamline the workflow with greater accessibility and flexibility of a file.
Better Organization and Cost Effectivity
A collaborative tool does not charge you a fortune, which is one of the best things about it. You can organize the document together with your team. Above all, you don't have to pay dollars to manage and edit the document. From a simple list to a confidential document, you can share every type of document with it.
Top 5 Document Collaboration Tools
Now that you have known the higher functionality and advantages of document collaboration tools, you must be eager to find some. Here are the best and top-rated tools which you can use for the collaboration of documents:
UPDF is one of the most reliable document collaboration software. With this tool, you can share the document with other people via links and email for PDF collaboration. Others can edit and annotate the PDF in several ways to make the essential points more notable. It allows you to highlight and underline the important text. You can also strikethrough the unimportant text and add high-quality stickers in a file to make it more illustrative.
This tool can also help you to view PDF files in several ways. You can also enable the dark mode to reduce pressure on the eyes. Moreover, it also allows you to open multiple PDF files at once. In addition to this, you can also fill the forms with UPDF and protect the PDF file in several ways.
Key Features of UPDF
- UPDF allows you to edit the PDF file in the best possible ways. You can edit the textual content in the file without impacting its layouts. Above all, you can also edit the images in PDF by rotating, cropping, and extracting them. The links can also be edited with UPDF.
- This tool supports a wide array of document formats. Thus, with it, you can convert PDF files into several file formats. It supports Word, Excel, PPT, and more. Besides this, it also supports the Rich Text format, which is very convenient for users.
- To make the file more shareable, you can compress its size with UPDF. No need to worry about the content in the file because it does not impact the layouts and other parts of the document. It also informs you about the size to which it will compress the document.
- With the dedicated feature of UPDF named UPDF Cloud, you can edit the files and synchronize them on all devices. Moreover, you can access the edited PDF from all devices with UPDF Cloud. It leads to optimized file management, file synchronization, and accessibility.
2. Google Docs
Google Docs is the widely used document collaboration tool specifically created by Google. With it, you can collaborate the files while being online, but it’s not a restriction as you can also access the files without the internet. Moreover, for collaboration, you can also customize the status of a document, for example, edit, view, or comment.
Key Features of Google Docs
- With Google Docs, you can edit the file in several ways and can save it in the device in your desired format.
- You can share the document with a simple link or directly add the emails of the users with whom you want to share the file.
- When someone shares the file with you, it allows you to see all the changes and can also give feedback and comments.
3. Zoho WorkDrive
By using this exclusive collaborative docs tool, you can share the files with your team members seamlessly. You can share the file to get reviews and feedback and can also leave your suggestion. Above all, you can also track the changes so you can recheck the modifications. It also lets you share the file with the people that are not included in your workspace.
Key Features of Zoho WorkDrive
- All the documents are stored in the cloud library so you can access and retrieve their documents.
- It also lets you integrate several applications like Google Drive, Evernote, and Dropbox with it.
- You can lock the sensitive data and can also schedule the timings of article publishing on WordPress.
It is a leading and collaborative management tool globally. You can use this tool to escalate the productivity of your team members. With this collaborative document tool, you can also import the file from Google Docs and other apps. It also allows you to chat with your team members in real time to discuss the project details. With the permission feature, you can also customize the sharing status of your file.
Key Features of ClickUp
- You can select the customized style of the document from the options of blog, classic, and more.
- It lets you add subtitles to the document for extra clarity. You can also perform rich text formatting with it.
- Using this tool, you can tag your team members in the document and assign tasks without issues.
5. Dropbox Paper
This online document collaboration tool can leverage your user experience in no time. It allows you to create to-do lists, and you can also add the due dates to them. This can help your team to get ready and plan for the forthcoming project. Above all, you can also create dynamic documents with rich media integrations. It also allows you to link one document with other documents or notes to make things easy to understand.
Key Features of Dropbox Paper
- To have a professional-level planning space to plan the task with your team, you can use its note-taking feature.
- It also supports the feature of content collaboration; thus, professional writers can also take assistance from it.
- For team organization, you can use the timelines, and it also allows you to customize just as you want.
How to Collaboratively Edit PDF Documents
In this section, you will learn how to collaborate on PDF with the best and most proficient tool named UPDF. Follow the steps listed below for document collaboration:
Step 1. Upload PDF to Cloud If You Want to Access It Across Different Platforms
Download UPDF onto your device and launch it.
From the main interface, click "UPDF Cloud" from the left panel and select the "Upload" button. After this, import the document that you want to sync with your other devices and share it with team members.
Step 2. Make Modifications to the File
Once the PDF is uploaded, double-click on the document to open it in the editor. Next, click "Edit PDF" from the left panel. Following this, modify the text, images, or links present in your document or select "Text" to add new text to the file. You can also change the font, style, and size of the text in PDF. Moreover, click on the "Image" or "Link" option to make the document more informational.
Step 3: Share PDF Collaboratively
After making the required document edits, tap on the "Share this file with others" icon from the right panel. You will see two options, including "Share a Link" and "Share with Others." You can select any one of your choices. Moreover, you can also manage the expiration time of sharing and disable the copy and printing of PDFs.
Afterward, press the "Create" button to generate the link. On the other hand, you need to add the people's emails and click on the "Send" button to share the file.
FAQs on Document Collaboration
1. How does document collaboration work?
The document collaboration tools work based on cloud-based platforms. Multiple users can access one file and make changes to it. Above all, you can also experience real-time editing with it.
2. What is the meaning of collaborative documents?
The meaning of the collaborative document is it can be shared with multiple users. Moreover, multiple users can make edits to it with collaboration. You can also integrate other applications with it. This is very beneficial for teams.
3. What is the best document collaboration tool?
The best document collaboration tool is UPDF. With the help of UPDF, you can share the document with a link or email. Moreover, it also lets you select the expiry dates of shared files. You can also disable the copying, printing, and editing of PDFs while sharing. Above all, it also lets you edit the file before sharing it.
As this article states, you can use the document collaboration tool, so your team can work together on a file. It can help you with real-time editing and commenting. You can also manage the security of files with enhanced accessibility and flexibility. There are a considerable number of tools that can help you in the collaboration of documents. Yet the best document collaboration software is UPDF.
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs