Google Docs being a versatile cloud-based word processor help users create and edit documents online. If you are a regular computer user then you must know the major benefits of creating Google documents. One major benefit is the ease of saving documents in many formats, including PDF.
One of the most popular file types that guarantee document layout across all browsers, operating systems, and devices is PDF. For this reason, people prefer to exchange Google Documents in PDF format.
Although it's quite easy to convert a Google document to PDF you can send the files straight in PDF format and you can also change the format using some options available in the google docs program.
Continue reading to understand how to save it as a PDF and email a Google Doc in PDF format.
Part 1. 3 Methods to Save/Export a Google Doc to PDF
You might want to convert your valuable documents into PDF format to make them look more professional and secure your copyrights. Fortunately, various methods exist to save a google doc in PDF format without losing its formatting. You can do this with various options available in google docs. In this section, we will discuss the three easiest methods.
Method 1. Download and save a Google Doc to PDF using the “File” menu
The file menu option is the most straightforward method to save a google doc as a PDF file.
Step 1: To save a google document in PDF format open it in google drive with edit access.
Step 2: In the menu bar click on the file menu to open the options.
Step 3: In the file, the menu selects the download option.
Step 4: From the dropdown list in the download option select PDF document (.pdf) from the list.
Step 5: Select the appropriate folder in the device where you want to save the PDF file, and click Save.
- It won’t lose formatting.
- You can save the file in any folder on the device.
- By saving the document from the file menu its formatting is not changed.
- If you want to convert multiple files in PDF format you have to convert them one by one.
- If you want to rename a PDF file, you must first save it on your device and then change its name.
Method 2. Save Google Docs to PDF without losing formatting
One of the easiest methods that people usually don’t know is saving a google document by using the print option.
Step 1: Open the Google Doc from your drive.
Step 2: To save the document as a PDF access the File menu in the top menu bar.
Step 3: Select the print option at the end of the dropdown list.
Step 4: A print dialog box will appear, click on the Destination menu. It is a dropdown list that includes various options, select the Save as PDF option to save the document on your device.
Step 5: Choose a folder in the device where you want to save the PDF file.
- By saving the file from the print menu you can customize the settings, to change page orientation, size of the paper, and quality of the paper.
- The print menu allows us to save the file on your device while printing and customizing it.
- If you want to save multiple Google Docs to PDF files, you have to manually print several times.
Method 3. Email a Google Doc in PDF format
To share your PDF file you can convert the file format to PDF while sending it in an email.
Step 1: Open the Google Doc in the drive.
Step 2: Open the file menu in the menu bar.
Step 3: Select the email option to open the email window.
Step 4: You have to enter the details to email the file. Enter the email address of the recipient.
Step 5: Fill the Subject field with an appropriate description to describe the document.
Step 6: Write a message in the body, you can skip this step.
Step 7: Select the format by clicking on PDF to attach the Google Doc as a PDF.
Step 8: Click on the Send button. You can also select the checkbox on the top-left corner of the window to send a copy of the PDF formatted document to yourself.
- Sending a document format while sending it in email is much easier.
- Email options allow document format change without using any additional software.
- The PDF format ensures that the receiver will be able to view the file on any device or operating system.
- You might not be able to attach large files due to size restrictions.
- The content in the file might get lost if the recipient unintentionally deletes the email.
- Emails can get hacked or attacked by malware so it is not a secure method of transferring sensitive or secret information.
Part 2. Manage & Edit PDF Files in One Place and Access from Win/Mac/iOS/Android
PDF files have become an indispensable component of our daily lives in the current digital era. The worldwide compatibility of PDFs and their capacity to maintain the content's original formatting makes them a preferred file format for everything from crucial documents to ebooks.
Unfortunately, google drive doesn't allow saving, managing, or altering PDF files due to which remote access and management of PDF files are quite difficult. That's why everyone must use secure cloud storage for managing PDFs online.
After uploading your files to cloud storage, you may want to access and edit them from your computer or mobile phone. That's what UPDF is born for. UPDF is a fantastic PDF manager and editor that provides a range of functions, such as distributing, editing, merging, and securely compressing PDF files.
There are various methods available for saving a Google document in PDF format. Each method includes a few straightforward steps. If you are a regular user you might find it difficult to save and manage PDF files. For this purpose try UPDF as it is a recommended PDF manager/editor with advanced encryption features to safeguard sensitive documents.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint