Foxit Reader is among the most downloaded PDF readers around the world. After Adobe Acrobat, it's one of the most demanded and loved ones' tools. There are so many reasons for people to love this PDF editor. Whether smartphones or desktops, it's available on every platform. Foxit PDF reader/editor gives you so many options on features that you can't even imagine.
With the help of its features, you can do your work easily. The fantastic thing is that you can simultaneously use different Foxit tabs to access multiple documents, just like opening tabs in your web browser.
But always there will be better options available in technologies. There are some other free tools available that offer similar features. In this article, we'll the top alternatives to Foxit PDF, some of them are free, and some are not.
Top 5 Foxit Reader Alternatives
If you are searching for the exact same features as Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Reader, then UPDF is a highly recommended PDF editor. In UPDF, you'll find every advanced feature that every paid tool contains.
UPDF is loaded with some fantastic features such as reading PDF, editing PDF text, editing images in PDF, rearranging pages in PDF, making annotations on PDF, and much more.
Advantages of UPDF
- It's a desktop application, available for Mac & Windows.
- Unlike other productivity tools, UPDF has a beautiful, elegant, and user-friendly interface.
- Rapid processing speed and great reading experience.
- Quick annotations with multiple markup tools.
- Edit all the texts in PDF. You can add beautiful art text to your PDF with the text templates. You can also modify the existing texts in PDF too.
- Edit images on the PDF documents. Rotate, extract, and crop images easily.
- Will soon release new features, including OCR, PDF conversion, password protection, and much more.
Compare UPDF with Foxit
|PDF Editor: $159.00/Year|
PDF Editor Pro:$179.00/Year
|Convert||Five free conversions||Not Free|
2. PDF Studio Pro
PDF Studio Pro is a dependable alternative to Foxit Reader but has fewer features than UPDF. Nevertheless, it has many PDF assisting features that can be very helpful for preparing business documents. It's a bit less expensive as compared to Foxit PDF Reader and Adobe Acrobat DC.
The good thing about this PDF editor is that it's compatible with Linux as well. Yes, you heard that right. So far, this is the only PDF editor that runs on a Linux environment. PDF Studio is paid yet affordable PDF editing and converting software that comes with competitive features.
The things that PDF Studio can do are side-by-side comparison, full-text search, merge & append files, watermarking, electronic signature, converting PDFs to any office format, annotating PDFs, etc. Though it's paid software you can also use it on a trial basis which is free for a limited period.
Advantages of PDF Studio
- Every professional feature is available in PDF Studio
- Amazing customer support
- User-friendly interface
- Comes with a one-time purchase
- Compatible with Linux OS.
Disadvantages of PDF Studio
- Though PDF Studio has a user-friendly interface but not attractive. Looks like an old software design
- Inconsistent boot time.
CutePDF is another cloud-based and simplest PDF editor on our list. Don't go to its name! Its features are way more than cute. It has everything that professional PDF software needs. However, you have to pay the price to use it.
CutePDF is giving good competition to its competitors because of its latest features. Though Adobe Acrobat is the boss, still, there are many affordable options available. CutePDF is one of them.
Let's head towards its features. Like Foxit Reader, the purpose of CutePDF is to enhance the productivity of business documents. Features like rearranging papers, editing existing PDFs, converting and scanning, watermarking & bookmarking make this software stand out. So far, ten million users are using this software.
CutePDF is only compatible with Windows operating system. Since it's cloud-based, you can't have its access without the internet.
Advantages of CutePDF
- It gives you the freedom to access your documents online anywhere and anytime
- Easy to rotate and add pages
- You can organize several PDFs at the same time
Disadvantages of CutePDF
- Inadequate layout after conversion
- Autosave not available
4. PDFsam Basic
PDFsam Basic is an open-source document solution software. It's a multiplatform software specially designed for mixing and rotating PDF files, merging, and extracting pages. Since it's an open-source program, anyone can use it for free. PDFsam has two more professional products, i.e., PDFsam Visual and PDFsam Enhanced. Every product of PDFsam has a different purpose.
The purpose of PDFsam Visual is to organize pages, delete pages, compress, crop, etc. Everything is done visually. No technical expertise is required in PDFsam Visual. On the other hand, the purpose of the enhanced version is almost the same but in a professional way. The only significant difference among all is the pricing.
Advantages of PDFsam Basic
- All of the versions of PDFsam are easy to use
- Compatible with both Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Since it's open-source, anyone can use it for free.
Disadvantages of PDFsam Basic
- First, you need to learn all of its three versions
- Processing different tasks takes more time
5. Icecream PDF Editor
Icecream PDF Editor is a small but productive software that is extremely helpful in creating or editing PDF documents. Its primary focus is on four things, i.e., editing modes annotates, manages, and fills. Icecream PDF is not limited to these features but works as an office suite that allows you to edit your PDFs, add notes, protect your documents, and much more.
Advantages of Icecream PDF Editor
- Straightforward interface
- Not a free tool
- Ability to make quick changes
- Best or personal use
Disadvantages of Icecream PDF Editor
- It needs a lot of improvement in the format section
Final saying, you should always choose those things which suit your budget. We are not saying that you shouldn't go with the expensive tools. There are other tools available that can satisfy your needs at less cost! Let's take UPDF as an example; it has every possible feature that you'll find in the paid tools. So, why not try UPDF for free?
- How to Fill in a PDF Form in 3 Methods
- Top 6 Super-Easy PDF Form Fillers on Mac
- How to Create a Fillable PDF on Mac
- How to Fill Out a 1099 Form - Miscellaneous Income
- How to Fill out a W-4 Form- Employee's Withholding Certificate
- How to Create a Fillable PDF in 3 Methods
- Top 50 Happy New Year 2023 Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
- How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac in 3 Methods
- How to Create a Fillable Form in Word
- Top 10 Fillable PDF Creators You Can't Miss