Although Android is a reliable operating system, sometimes it can cause errors that irritate users. One of the most common errors is with a PDF file either not opening or editing. If you don't know how to open PDF files on Android, worry no more because the answer to this question is given here. By the end of this article, you will be able to open the PDF files on your Android device.
- Part 1: Why Can't I Open PDF Files on Android phone?
- Part 2: How to Open PDF Files on Android?
- Part 3: What's the Best App to Open PDF Files on Android?
- Part 4: FAQs about Opening PDF on Android
Part 1: Why Can't I Open PDF Files on Android phone?
First of all, you need to evaluate all the scenarios which are leading to this problematic situation. If you know the reason why you cannot open a PDF file on Android, you will be able to know it. Some of the common reasons which can cause these problems are listed here:
- Reason 1: Compared to iPhone, many Androids device do not have a built-in feature for opening a PDF file. So, you need to download a third-party app from Google Play Store to open a PDF file on an Android device.
- Reason 2: Many reasons can cause the corruption of PDF files, like virus attacks or hardware damage. Opening a corrupted PDF file is impossible because you first need to repair the file. It can be the reason why you cannot open PDF files on an Android phone.
- Reason 3: Sometimes, a third-party app can cause problems opening a PDF file. The reason can be pending updates or a software bug. If your app is not up-to-date or if the software of your Android device is not upgraded, you won't be able to easily open a PDF file.
- Reason 4: PDF files sometimes contain high graphical images with large, scaled figures and charts. These things can increase the size of a PDF file, and very large PDF files are extremely hard to open on a low-storage Android phone.
Part 2: How to Open PDF Files on Android?
If you are going through an irritating scenario like can't open a PDF on Android, worry no more because this issue can be handled efficiently. The two effective methods by which you can open PDFs on Android are discussed in this part.
Method 1: Open PDF on Android with UPDF
Step 1: Launch UPDF and Open PDF File
Download UPDF from Google Play Store on your Android device to get started. Once downloaded, launch it, and select the "All PDFs" option from the main interface. Here you will see the list of PDF files present in your Android device. Next, tap on the document of your choice to open it.
Step 2: Open PDF in New Window/Multi Window (Optional)
From the list of PDF files, locate the file you wish to open and tap on "Three Dots" present next to the file. Select the "Open in Multi Window" or "Open in Multi Window" option from the pop-up window if you want the PDF to open in a separate window or in split-screen mode.
Method 2: Open PDF on Android with Browser
Step 1: Open Google Docs on Browser
Initially, open Google Chrome on your Android device and search for Google Docs. Once found, tap on it and launch it. Here, click on the "Three Dots" icon from the above panel, and from the list of options, select "Desktop Site."
Step 2: Import the PDF File
Once Google Docs is in Desktop Mode, click on the "Blank" option. When the blank document is opened, tap on the "File" menu from the above panel and select "Open." Afterward, access the "Upload" tab and then choose the document you wish to open, and your PDF will be opened in the browser.
Part 3: What's the Best App to Open PDF Files on Android?
Many Android devices don't have any built-in feature to open a PDF file, so they need assistance from third-party PDF apps. If you are looking for a reliable application to open PDF files on Android, the answer is UPDF for Android.
It is one of the top-ranked applications commonly used to sort out all PDF problems. From opening PDF files to converting them, UPDF has got your documents covered. There are many outstanding features of this tool that makes it an exceptional PDF tool, and some of them are mentioned here:
- PDF Annotation: One of the most common features used to make PDF files more captivating is annotations. The annotation feature of UPDF is a state-of-the-art feature, and you can annotate PDF on android with UPDF for many purposes. This tool offers many annotation tools such as Highlight, Text Box, Squiggly Line, and Comments. Moreover, you can also add stamps and stickers in a PDF file with this tool.
- View Specific Page: If you want to see some specific page in a PDF file, you can do this with this Android PDF editor. By entering the page number, you can go to that page in a few seconds.
- View Modes: As for the view modes, UPDF allows you to read PDF on android in multiple ways; you can choose from scroll layouts and scrolling directions. You can also disable scrolling in other directions.
- PDF File Information: UPDF is an innovative tool by which you can also see and analyze all the information about your PDF file. For example, you can see the PDF's name, type, size, location, version, author, number of pages, page size, and many other things in one place.
Part 4: FAQs about Opening PDF on Android
1. How to open PDF files on an android tablet?
You can open PDF files on an Android tablet using a reliable app named UPDF. It is highly compatible with Android devices, so you can use it without worrying about anything.
2. How do I change the default settings to open PDF files on Android?
On your Android device, open "Settings" and go to "Apps." From here, tap "Manage Apps" and select the PDF app to change its default settings. Once the app settings are opened, scroll down to the bottom and select the "Clear Default" option to stop it from directly opening the PDF files.
3. How can I view PDF files on my Android without downloading them?
You can view your PDF by opening it using a link. Simply open the file on PC using UPDF and share it via link. Then on your Android device, tap on this link, and the PDF will be opened without any need to download it first.
This discussion states that opening PDF files on the Android platform can be hassle-free if you use a reliable method. Some Android devices don't have a built-in viewer for opening PDFs, so you need assistance from a third-party app.
The top-ranked application for PDFs on the Android platform is UPDF. It encompasses the most innovative and intuitive technologies by which you can increase the readability of PDF files. Moreover, you can follow the methods discussed in this article to open PDFs on Android.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates