Can you open a PDF in Word? Well, if you have a PDF you want to open in Word, you may consider the different ways to do it. There are several methods you can use to open PDF in Word, but you need to choose the easiest. Below are three convenient methods on how to open PDF in Word.
- Method 1. How to Open PDF in Word Directly
- Method 2. How to Open PDF in Word with Converting
- Method 3. How to Open PDF in Word without Converting
Method 1. How to Open PDF in Word Directly
1. Open PDF in Word Directly
It's possible to open a PDF file in Word directly and do all the edits you want. Here are the simple steps on how to open a PDF file in Word directly.
- Step 1: Install Microsoft Word on your PC if you don't have it and open the application. You can install Microsoft Word 2021, Word 2019, Word 2016, and Word 2013.
- Step2: Now open a blank or new file. From the various templates and options provided, open a blank document.
- Step 3: On the upper left-hand corner of the app, click the file option. After clicking the file, it opens a drop-down menu on the left side of the window. Here you have a wide range of options provided.
- Step 4: Now click open. Here you get a menu full of contents. The menu lists the various sources from where you will be able to open your documents in Word. For instance, you find recent documents, documents shared with you, OneDrive, this PC, and other options.
- Step 5: Now you can choose the source where you have saved the PDF file you want to open in Word. For instance, if you have saved it on OneDrive, click on it. If you have saved it on your flash drive you need to click on the computer.
- Step 6: When you select the PDF, you can now open it in Word format.
- Step 7: Now click OK and allow your PDF document to open. It may take several minutes. This depends on the size of the file and its features. That is it; your PDF is open in Word.
Disadvantages of opening PDF in Word Directly
- If there are visuals and other elements included in the opened document, it may not open effectively. The Word document may not entirely look like the original PDF. Thus, if you want to have a Word document looking exactly like the original PDF, this is not the right method to use.
- If the PDF document has graphics and charts, the entire page may show like an image. In this case, you cannot edit the text. So, if your major objective of opening PDF to Word is to make edits, you should look for another alternative method.
- At times, Word fails to detect an element. Thus, the Word version does not look like the original file.
How to avoid losing the original format
Some of the elements that will not convert well include footnotes, endnotes, PDF tags, page borders, frames, font effects, or tracked changes. With the challenge of converting or editing these elements as you open PDF in Word directly with MS Word, it is advisable to open the PDF document with a professional PDF Converter like UPDF Converter.
Method 2. How to Open PDF in Word with Converting
It is now easy to open PDF in Word by converting using UPDF. Unlike most of the other converters, the app ensures that the format of the original file is not lost. This saves your time since you just need to perform a few corrections after the conversion and the conversion is done instantly.
Consistency, accuracy, and security are the major pillar of this PDF converter. It is an all-in-one PDF solution with annotation, editing, and encryption features together. This makes it a time saver especially if you work in a busy office environment where you need to perform a lot of actions on PDF documents. Your document security is also guaranteed the tool enhances data security and privacy at all times. Your files are never shared with third parties without your permission.
The converter features Optical Character Recognition you can use to convert all image-based or scanned PDFs into editable forms such as Word. It also allows for high accuracy conversion with support of more than ten languages for OCR recognition. Follow these steps on how to open a PDF as a Word document with UPDF.
Step 1: Open the PDF Document
You can open the PDF file you want to convert into the program's interface by either dragging and dropping them or clicking the "Open File" button.
Step 2: Choose the output format
UPDF has a formats panel located on the right side. But you should click the "Export PDF" button first.
Click the format you want to convert the PDF file and then select the options provided. In this case, choose "Word" as your desired format.
Step 3: Convert and Open PDF File in Word
Setting the page range of the conversion is also possible. You have the option to convert odd pages, all pages, even pages, or custom pages.
Tap the "Export" button to start the conversion. The converted files get saved and the folder is displayed on your screen. You can now open the PDF in Word.
Method 3. How to Open PDF in Word without Converting
You can open PDF in Word without converting it into a Word document from wherever you have stored the files. This helps make work easier since you do not have to go through a lot of conversion steps. Here are the simple steps you need to follow.
Step1: Insert PDF into Word
- Open the Word documents
- Inside the document, go to "Insert" and then "Object". When you get to the object dialogue box, click the tab "Create from file" and then "Browse".
Step 2: Open PDF in Word
- Check the PDF file you want to insert and then tap "Insert". Your PDF will be opened in Word successfully. In case you have selected the display icon, your PDF file will appear as an icon. On the other hand, if you leave it blank, the first page of your PDF file will be displayed. Now you are done.
Disadvantages of opening PDF in Word without converting
Although the process makes your work easier, there are some disadvantages involved in the process.
- The quality of the formatting results is not of high standards.
- You cannot scan the PDF professionally and completely. This happens because the scanner fails to scan all the pages.
- With a PDF that is not more than a page, the Word program cannot insert it. This means that large PDFs are problematic when using this method.
- You cannot span the object you insert. This is also why Word will only show the first page of the PDF documents you are inserting.
Overview, the best option for opening PDF in Word is to convert it directly with UPDF Converter, and this will keep the original formatting of the PDF document. Try it Now!
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books
- Share PDF
- Annotate PDF
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files