Note-taking is an essential part of the student experience, and in today's digital age, numerous note-taking apps are available. It can take time to choose the best app. To help students choose the desired note-taking apps quickly, we test all popular apps in the market and select the best five note-taking apps for students here. Continue with us to check what they are.
What Features Does The Best Note-Taking App for Students Have?
With the rise of technology, modern note-taking apps are designed with robust features. Do you ever ask yourself this question "What features does a good note-taking app for students should have"? To find the best note-taking app for students, we have to get the correct answer to this question. Here are features we find that the best note-taking app has after testing the popular note-taking apps.
- Organization: The note-taking app allows the students to organize their notes by class, subject, or topic and make it easy to find them when they need.
- Note-taking tools: The app has various tools, such as text, images, audio recordings, and handwriting recognition, etc.
- Collaboration: The app allows students to collaborate on shared notes or projects with classmates.
- Security and privacy: The note-taking apps have robust security and privacy features to protect students' sensitive information.
- Customization: The app offers students to customize the interface, fonts, colors, and other settings to make the app feel personalized and comfortable to use.
5 Best Note-Taking Apps for Students
Here are the 5 best Note-taking apps for students you should check.
1. UPDF - Best Note-taking App for Students for All Devices
UPDF is considered the best note-taking app for users on all devices. It is a multiple toolkit used to take notes. You can add texts, comments, highlights, stickers, etc, to your notes. What students like most about UPDF is that they can take notes directly on the books, resources, and files in PDF formats you downloaded from other websites. And it has a feature of cross-platform functionality so students can use one account on all devices. Except, It can also convert PDF to word/excel/PPT, compress PDF, add watermarks to PDF, etc.
Here are its pros that show how it is the best note-taking app.
- UPDF is a cost-efficient app, and students can easily afford it.
- It is easy to use and provides a friendly interface with easy formatting and editing options.
- Another compelling feature is its powerful security. It allows you to set a password to hassle-free secure your confidential documents.
- You can easily share any notes with anyone via email, link, or QR code.
- You can create numerous notes and organize them in a well-mannered structure with bookmarks. It quickly provides the document whenever you look for it.
Price: UPDF note-taking app offers two price plans, including the free version. The foremost benefit of this app is you need to pay only once and can use it on all devices. More importantly, you can get this amazing app at a 50% discount if you are a student.
|Free version||Annual plan||Perpetual plan|
|Open and read the pdf. |
Convert up to 5 files.
|$ 39.99 per year. |
Access to all features.
Full access to pdf on all platforms.
|$ 59.99 One-time fee. |
Access to all features.
Full access on all platforms.
|Watermark will be added when saving documents.||Free updates and upgrades.||Free updates and upgrades.|
2. Notion - Best Note-taking App for Students for Mac
The Notion is the best note-taking app on Mac with its powerful features. It is designed to help students to stay organized during their academic experience. It allows students to organize their ideas in a convenient and easy format. Furthermore, its unique features make it the best note-taking app for Mac students.
- It allows users to add different blocks like code, heading, videos, or any elements they want in their notes.
- It supports saving any notes for future reference, so it is a perfect app for students to enhance their learning experience.
- It provides top notched security options so only designated people can access the documents.
- Its ability to Synchronization between devices keeps your notes always automatically backed up.
Notion offers 4 pricing plans that start from the free version to enterprises.
|$0||$ 8 per user.||$ 15 per user.||Contact Sales.|
|7 days page history. |
Invite 10 guests.
|Unlimited file uploads. |
30 days page history.
Invite 100 guests
|Advanced page analytics. |
90 days page history.
Invite 250 guests.
|Advanced security and controls.|
3. Microsoft OneNote - Best Note-taking App for Students for Windows
Microsoft OneNote is another note-taking app that is specifically designed for students. Its unique and convenient features make it a perfect choice for students on Windows. Its foremost benefit is to organize the notes in one place. You can create notebooks for different subjects or classes according to your need. You can share your notes with anyone if you want. Below are some more pros of Microsoft OneNote.
- It can save your notes in PDF, Word, and Excel formats.
- You can share your notes with friends via email or any social media platform like Facebook or Twitter.
- You can access your notes from desktop and mobile devices.
- It keeps your documents organized and quick to access them when you need that.
- It offers many features that other note-taking apps do not support like audio recording, Ink to math, Ink to text, etc.
The OneNote note-taking app is free to download, and you can get the premium features with a Microsoft Office account. And Microsoft 365 accounts start at $6.99 per month. If you already have Microsoft 365 account, you can use it for free.
|Microsoft 365 Business Basic||Microsoft 365 Apps for Business||Microsoft 365 Business Standard||Microsoft 365 Business Premium|
|$ 6.99 per month||$8.25 per month||$12.50 per month||$ 22.00 per month|
4. Apple Notes - Best Note-taking App for Students on iPad/iPhone
Apple Notes is specifically made for students with iPad or iPhones. It has many features to fulfill all the needs of students, including creating notes with different formats, adding pictures, adding attachments, creating folders, etc. Here are some of its pros that prove it is the best app for students on iPad and iPhone.
- Its most compelling feature is that it is easy to use.
- You can use it on all devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile phones.
- It offers handwriting recognition so you can easily input your notes in the app without typing them in.
- Auto synchronization with a cloud account allows you to access your device from anywhere.
If you are looking for a note-taking app for students for free, the Apple notes app is for you. This app comes free with macOS/iOS devices and provides the best service for you.
5. Evernote - Best Android Note-taking App for Students
Evernote is a great app for students with Android devices due to its great features. It is the best tool for capturing, organizing, and accessing your notes anytime and from any device. Here are some main pros that make it the best note-taking app.
- You can use Evernote as a scanner to take photos of book pages.
- Dozens of templates are available to organize your notes. It is easy to access, and you can use it from mobile.
- Customize your notes using different formats or styles.
- It is a cross-platform note-taking app that runs on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and the Web.
Its price is $7.99 per month. The price could be a little high on a student's budget.
Many note-taking apps are available in the market. It is difficult to choose the best note-taking apps for students. If you are a student looking for the best and most highly recommended note-taking app, you should check the best ones we introduced here. And if you want to use the note-taking app on all devices, UPDF is the best choice because its compelling features are explicitly designed for students.
FAQS About Note-Taking Apps:
1. What is the best app for taking handwritten notes?
Several great apps are available for handwritten notes, and the best one for you may depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you have to let us say which one is better, we will choose UPDF because it can not only help you take notes with different comment features and stickers but also edit PDF, convert PDF, compress PDF, and more.
2. Which is the best note-taking app for students with Apple Pencil?
UPDF is the best note-taking app with Apple pencil. It is free to use and you can handwrite and draw with Apple Pencil easily and fast.
3. Are digital notes better than handwritten ones?
Yes. The handwritten notes are more effective because they are more focused and centered around the important points. It is more convenient and flexible to do updates at any time.
- Top 7 Mac Software Must-Have Applications for Every Mac User
- Top 10 Must-Have Productivity Tools to Escalate Your Workflow Efficiency
- Fixing the Top 10 ChatGPT Errors: Detailed Guide
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far