PDFs have quickly become the preferred file format across all sectors. Nevertheless, this does not mean that there aren't any minor drawbacks associated with using these files. In today's topic, we'll take a look at individuals' six of the most common PDF errors, as well as the solutions that can help you solve those problems.
Part 1: Why do Errors Occur in PDF Files?
The usage of this format is not error-free, which means that user functions like file accessibility, downloading, printing, editing, and so on may be negatively impacted.
Despite the fact that this format has numerous benefits, its use is not error-free. Let us go through a few of the most significant reasons:
- Failed to completely download PDF in browser
- Problems with Adobe Reader or another PDF reader installation
- Interference with applications from third parties
- Viruses by malicious software and malfunctions in production models
- Incompatibility with some browsers
- Misconfigured Windows Registry
These are the most common reasons why errors occur in PDF files. However, there can be many other reasons for the errors that users may experience from time to time.
Part 2: What are the Common PDF File Errors and Solutions?
Content "Lock Down"
When talking about PDFs, "Lock Down" refers to the inability to copy and paste the contents of the file. The source of this issue lies in the act of scanning a document and then storing it in PDF format.
Users have a responsibility to be aware of the fact that although a scanned document may consist entirely of text, a scanner only captures a picture of everything that is scanned. The end result is a collection of large-scale word graphics in varied sizes.
OCR readers, also known as optical character recognition readers, are able to analyze picture files and recognize letters and words from JPG, PNG, and other image file types.
One of the best PDF OCR reader is UPDF. Using "Recognize Text Using OCR" to OCR the PDF and make it editable and searchable. The letters and words will be recognized with the OCR feature. You can follow these steps to OCR scanned PDF:
- Open PDF and click "Recognize Text Using OCR" on the right panel.
- Select "Searchable PDF" on the document type and choose the layout as "Text and images only" or "Text on page image".
- After setting the document language, image resolution, and page range, tap "Perform OCR" to scan and recognize PDF.
Not Very Mobile-Friendly
PDFs have the benefit of being able to be shared on several systems while still preserving their format. Essentially, a mobile user is able to read a document in its original format after it was published by a PC user.
Users will need to zoom in and out of the file in order to understand its contents and navigate between columns since mobile devices have displays that are smaller than desktop computers.
If you are working on a PC, there is no meaningful method to optimize a PDF for those who use mobile devices.
You may, however, alleviate some of the discomfort involved with browsing through lengthy documents by duplicating the PDF in a format that only uses a single column. This is accomplished through the use of a word processing application such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or the LibreOffice Suite.
For companies, one of the most frustrating things is when they discover typos or grammatical problems in PDF documents. PDFs are almost completely uneditable, which means that in order to make any changes to the text, you will need to return to the source file and make those changes using a word processor.
You can use UPDF to solve this problem. UPDF accepts you to edit PDF text, images, and links. UPDF also contains more advanced features, such as the ability to rotate pages, delete or add pages, and convert between PDF and other document and picture formats.
PDF Document is Damaged and Can't be Repaired
It is widely known that PDF is a safe document format; yet, it is possible for PDF files to get corrupted by both external viruses and internal threats, which will result in the error message "The file is damaged and cannot be repaired."
Users see a dialog box prompt when this problem occurs, and PDF files become unavailable as a result. PDF is available in two different versions: 10.1.5 and 11.0.1. These new and updated features do not permit the opening of a limited subset of PDF files, specifically those that do not start with the %PDF header.
If you have discovered that the PDF document or file you are attempting to access does not open and instead displays the message "damaged and cannot be repaired," you can try the following steps:
- Make sure that you have changed the way you produce the PDF if you are using software that makes PDF files automatically and you are utilizing the program to create PDFs.
- If you are a client or an IT expert, you may stop the header validation on your system by adjusting the options in the proper way.
- You may do this by using the HKCU and HKLM directories on a per-user basis for the machine-level HKLM directory.
Google Chrome Failed to Load PDF Document Error
When you use Google Chrome as your browser to download a PDF file, the file should open without any problems in Google Chrome. If, however, the PDF file is unable to be opened in Google Chrome, then you will need to either redownload the file or check the settings for the browser.
In most cases, the error described above takes place whenever the user has access to the internet and is attempting to save the documents in PDF format.
Modify the settings in Google Chrome that are associated with PDFs.
Launch Google Chrome, and then on the upper right-hand corner of the screen, choose the three dots that appear. After that, select the Settings menu.
Navigate to the Advanced Settings menu, and then select Site Settings under the section labeled Privacy and Security.
Navigate to the PDF documents option, and then move the toggle to the "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" position to activate this feature.
Large File Size
Downloading huge PDFs is another challenge that users of both personal computers and mobile devices face. Even PDFs with only two or three pages can take up more than 25 MB of space, which can be frustrating for people who have internet connections that are excessively sluggish.
People eventually lean more toward opening the content directly in their browser, even though downloading the PDF may have been a preferable alternative for first gaining access to the information in the beginning.
You can reduce the size of a PDF to less than half its original size by compressing it with UPDF without significantly affecting the quality of the text or the images.
Be aware, however, that the more pages there are in a PDF document, the more difficult it will be to compress the document down to the size that the vast majority of users prefer (smaller than 10MB). UPDF has four different compression options for you to choose from, document quality from high to low.
Part 3: An All-in-one PDF Solution - UPDF
It is a one-of-a-kind tool that can help you read, edit, annotate, and organize PDF files. You may quickly and easily make changes to your files using this straightforward tool. UPDF can help you to solve the errors. If you suffer the questions, you can download UPDF by clicking the download button below to solve the problem.
Features of UPDF
The following are just a few of the many features that use UPDF, the PDF editor, to stand out from the crowd.
Any decent PDF editor should allow you to easily edit the text, image, and link. UPDF succeeds admirably in this regard. You won't encounter any problems while making changes to the text, image, and link in a PDF. In fact, UPDF will hold your hand through the entire process to make sure you don't mess anything up.
Convert to Other Formats
UPDF also offers its customers a PDF converting service. Because it is a comprehensive PDF toolkit, it may also be used to change the format of existing PDFs. The process of conversion allows for a number of different file types to be used.
PDFs may be converted to many other file types, including Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, HTML, XML, CSV, RTF, PDF/A, and TXT.
Annotate PDF Documents
Annotating PDF documents becomes essential when you need to convey your thoughts about a strategy. As a result, you'll have to annotate the article itself in order to give feedback. The rest of your team will have no trouble following up with your ideas thanks to UPDF's comprehensive set of annotation capabilities.
Manage PDF Files
As a PDF manager, UPDF is highly recommended. You can manage your files more efficiently than ever before with the help of the PDF organizer. There are options to insert, replace, extract, split, rotate, delete, and rearrange pages in PDF.
If you want to send a PDF that you edited using UPDF to someone else right away, you may do it easily and fast by sending it over email. You can also share it as a link and QR code.
Pros of Using UPDF
- UPDF is completely offline so you won't have to worry about the confidentiality of your information.
- It is a highly secure, reliable, and fast PDF editor.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- You can share your PDF files easily.
- UPDF updates regularly to improve user experience.
- The free basic version allows up to 5 PDF conversions.
PDF files are now used by more and more people, and with it, problems have gradually emerged. If you do not know how to solve it, then this article is very suitable for you to read. The article also mentions a one-stop solution to PDF problems with the software UPDF. Powerful software so that PDF problems become less, if there are problems can also use to easily solve them.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF