Chinese is a logographic language containing tens of thousands of characters, many of which stand for just one word or idea. To translate Chinese texts accurately, you have to use specific methods and tools considering the characters' stroke orders and grammatical structures. Because of this, PDF translate to Chinese might be very difficult.
However, thanks to recent advancements in AI technology, a variety of tools and software are now available that considerably simplify this painstaking procedure. In this blog, we will discuss one such tool that will help you easily translate your Chinese PDF/Word document to any language.
Whether you are an international business, a brand, a researcher, or an individual working and communicating with Chinese people on a daily basis, translating PDF to Chinese is head-scratching. That is where UPDF's AI assistant comes in handy.
UPDF's AI assistant helps you translate documents (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, image, etc.) to Chinese language, from any language. It is now simpler than ever to translate PDFs from any language to Chinese thanks to UPDF's user-friendly UI and clearly defined translation prompts. You can easily translate PDF to Chinese from any language in two prominent ways. Continue reading and learn the easiest way to translate files into Chinese.
Before we move toward the how-to process, let's discuss some of the prominent features of UPDF that make it a go-to tool for translating files.
- Instantly translate any text documents into the Chinese language easily and properly without losing the meaning of the context.
- Users can translate lengthy documents page by page.
- UPDF supports selectively translating phrases/sentences/paragraphs/pages in documents without losing the nuances of the text.
- Users can easily save the translated text with sticky notes in their PDFs.
- With the PDF creation feature, UPDF not only translates PDF files but can also use Word, Excel, image text, and more.
- Users can also bookmark the important sections of PDF to view them later.
- Best choice for sharing your translated pdf via email, link as well as download and then sharing.
- Users can easily add comments, highlight, and even do freehand drawings to PDF files.
In a whole, UPDF is an all-in-one PDF editor tool that now also integrates AI assistance. It can don more other than translating PDF to Chinese, such as editing, converting, annotating PDFs, etc.
Try UPDF and its AI feature today. You can download UPDF by clicking the below download button.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
You can instantly translate PDFs into Chinese and other languages with the UPDF AI assistant. UPDF AI feature lets you chat with it and has the ability to answer any question related to PDF files you upload. Now, when it comes to translating your PDF or other documents into Chinese, there are two processes you can choose from:
- Ask PDF Mode
- Chat Mode
The first method to translate PDFs to Chinese is to use UPDF's select text-to-translate feature. This is easier than the method mentioned below. As you open your PDF file in UPDF AI, all you only need to do is highlight the text you want to translate, then select the "Translate" icon from the pop-up toolbar that appears once you select the text for translating. That's it. Your selected paragraph will be automatically translated.
As the name suggests, the Ask PDF Mode of UPDF lets you ask questions about your given PDF files. In this case, you will have to ask UPDF to translate your file to Chinese language.
Step 1: Upload the PDF to UPDF:
To start the translation process, the first will be uploading the file to UPDF. Once you upload the file, hit the UPDF AI icon. The icon would be visible on the bottom of the toolbar on the right side of your device.
The next step is copying the text you want to translate. You can either translate the complete PDF file or the specific sections. This depends on your needs.
The last step is to enter "translate in Chinese," paste the copied text, and press Enter. The tool will automatically start translating the text into Chinese.
In addition to Chinese, you can also translate your PDFs and other documents into languages such as French, Korean, German, Italian, and Japanese.
Download UPDF right away using the link below and enjoy the fast and accurate PDF to Chinese translation.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Video Tutorial on How to Translate PDF to Any Language on Windows
Although UPDF AI is one of the finest choices available to translate PDFs to Chinese, there are other ways available to help you with the document translation process. Here, we will show you how you can translate your file using Google Translate and Doctranlator tools.
Google Translate is a web-based tool offered by Google that can translate your text into any language. It supports over 100 different languages. Here are simple steps to follow for translating your PDF in Google Translate.
Step 1: Go to Google Translate Website
Firstly, type Google Translate in your browser and go to the official website.
The next step is selecting the languages. Here, you have to choose the language you will give input in and the language you want to output (which means your document will be translated in). Here, we'll choose Chinese.
You can translate text (means a specific paragraph), complete documents, as well as images with Google Translate. Once you have selected the languages, you upload or copy-paste the text you want to translate.
That's it. The tool will automatically translate your given text into Chinese.
DocTranslator is a web-based AI-powered translator that uses the same principles as Google Translate to translate files and texts. The tool charges you a monthly fee if you want to translate documents. These charges vary from $15 to $50 per month. Here is a step-by-step process to translate PDF files into Chinese with DocTranslator.
So, the first step will be browsing the DocTranslator and going to their official website.
As you land on the homepage, you will find a drop-down menu option named "Translation Services" on the top left side. Once you click it, you will see a bunch of languages to choose from. There, select the PDF to Chinese icon. Once you click the icon, the page will redirect you to a new page asking you to upload a file. The file will be automatically translated and ready to download.
If you are a new user, you have to sign up to use the tool. And for translating the files, there will be charges. For one-time use, you have to pay $1 per 1000 word file. Or you can use a monthly option.
- The translations produced by both tools are merely 60% to 70% accurate.
- There is always an issue with accuracy when using Google Translate or DocTranslate. But, you face no such issue with UPDF AI; powered with the latest technology, the tool provides accurate PDF translations without losing nuances of the text.
- They can only translate simple files with higher precision.
- DocTranslate charges a fee per file translated.
- Many users have complained about being unable to edit the document downloaded from DocTranslate.
Overall, it's pretty clear that UPDF AI is a better alternative to translating PDFs to Chinese with higher precision. The tool not only lets you translate your files, but you can also edit them, chat with your document, highlight, and even add comments.
UPDF (Windows version) not only translates PDF files but can also translate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents for you. Here is how:
- All you have to do is upload your file, whichever format it is in, and then, using UPDF's PDF creation feature, convert your file into a PDF file. You can convert Word, PowerPoint, and even Excel files into PDFs.
- Follow the steps introduced in Part 2.
UPDF AI also translates images into Chinese. Here are simple steps to follow:
Step 1. Make PDFs from Images
To translate images into Chinese, you have to create a PDF from the images. Click on File and choose PDF from Image, and you get to upload your desired images.
After that, your images will change into a single PDF file.
Step 2. OCR The Created PDF to a Searchable PDF
For this step, upload the image PDF file we created and select the "Recognize Text Using OCR" button from the right toolbar. Then, another drop-down menu will appear. From there, you have to choose "Searchable PDF". This way, your compiled images in the PDF file can now be edited.
Step 3. Open the Converted Searchable PDF and Translate It
Open the searchable PDF that you converted before and follow the steps introduced in Part 2.
Although UPDF's AI feature is the most powerful editor you can ever find, but there is more to this tool. Here are some of the best features every Business working with PDF would love to have in their PDF editor.
UPDF Features that make it different
- Edit PDFs: Users can edit, highlight, and annotate PDFs easily with UPDF.
- Chat with PDFs: The UPDF AI feature also lets you chat with PDF files to extract exact information from long PDF files. You get the desired information without wasting hours reading the whole file.
- Summarize PDFs: Users can also use the tool to summarize their pdf, ask UPDF AI to explain complex PDFs, and more.
- Annotate PDFs: UPDF offers users a variety of tools for annotating PDFs, such as sticky notes, underlines, pen markers, and more.
- Read PDFs: Users can view PDFs using various reading settings for the most pleasurable reading experience.
- Convert PDF: UPDF is a robust file converter tool that converts your file between different formats. Supported file types include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, XML, TXT, etc.
Download UPDF today to save time and work efficiently with PDFs.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
We know how important communication is in the business world. That's why we recommend using UPDF—the best PDF editing and PDF translation tool in 2023. UPDF's AI feature not only lets you translate your files, but you can also highlight important sections of your translated files and add comments to them. This way, you can effectively express your ideas to your business Chinese partners. Showcasing your professionalism and dedication to projects. So what are you waiting for? Download UPDF today and try its free trial version.