Education is the driving force behind every nation's success. It's a gateway of providing awareness to the people to make them groomed and competitive. To applaud the significance of education, United Nations has dedicated a special day in a year. By dedicating a special day to education, people all around the world can comprehend the importance of education in their lives and for their ultimate growth.
This article will highlight the seriousness of the International Day of Education and the main idea behind its celebration. Moreover, we will also shed light on the history and multiple ways to observe the International Day of Education 2023.
Part 1: What is International Day of Education?
Education is the basic right of every human being, as it is essential for growth and success. Globally, there are millions of children who are unable to receive a quality education. Knowing the seriousness and gravity of education, the United Nations General Assembly declared an International Day of Education every 24th January. The main idea of observing the International Day of Education is to promote the importance of education in building a positive personality of a human being.
This day is celebrated worldwide by multiple organizations, institutes, industries, and other professional sectors. It helps raise awareness about the positive impact of education and its power to transform society optimistically. Moreover, this day put an emphasis on the revolutionary force of education in eliminating the social gaps among nations.
Part 2: Why International Day of Education is Important to Celebrate?
International Day of Education is highly important to celebrate and observe all around the world. Currently, the world is facing a financial crisis that is giving birth to social disparity and poverty. The main reason behind the huge growing gaps in social classes in our societies is a lack of education. Education is a basic right of every individual as it plays a vital role in nourishing and grooming.
International Day of Education is celebrated widely across the world through workshops, activities, social campaigns, and seminars. Due to this, the unprivileged sector of our society can deeply comprehend the significance of education. Moreover, education is not only restricted to human growth but also helps construct a healthy society. If every individual gets their basic right to education, society can eliminate high crime rates, injustice, and economic difficulties.
Furthermore, celebrating the International Day of Education 2023 can also change the conservative mindset of some people. In some third-world nations, there are tons of rural areas where education is not considered a critical component. Through this day, NGOs or governmental organizations can help highlight the progressive nature of education. Collectively, nations and countries can contribute to making the world prosper.
Education also has the capability of bringing equality into society. If someone is born into a low-income family, he can change his standard of life through the power of education. By getting a quality education, various opportunities have been given to people that can help them accomplish their goals.
Part 3: Which Day is Known as World Education Day?
International Education Day is also known as World Education Day. This day is celebrated every the 24th of January with full dedication. In 2023, the world will observe World Education Day on the 24th of January, Tuesday.
Part 4: What's the Theme of the International Day of Education 2023?
The main theme of the 5th International Day of Education 2023 is "to invest in people and prioritize education." This theme reflects that the biggest investment that any organization or institute can make is educating its people. Education can empower individuals to know the history, geography, and significant developments of the world. It touches every aspect of life, such as politics, health, science, technology, philosophy, communication, and linguistics.
If education won't prioritized among nations, any country or state won't get sustenance. Without education, people of any particular nation cannot compete with others and achieve their goals. Thus, the most healthy and beneficial investment that anyone can make is to educate their citizens. It will prove to be a fruitful investment as it will open multiple gateways and opportunities.
Part 5: History of the International Day of Education
According to research reports from UNESCO, around 260 million children worldwide are incapable of getting an education. This also highlighted that massive problems like poverty, inequality, social injustice, and economic crisis have occurred due to a lack of education globally. To shed light on the key role of education for every human, United Nations have proclaimed the 24th of January as the International Day of Education.
International Education Day functions as a call to action. By acknowledging this day, people can reflect on the importance of learning for the constant development of countries and societies. The majority of the countries in the world celebrate this day with utmost motivation and dedication. The first International Day of Education was celebrated on the 24th of January 2019. United Nations has also provided enough opportunities to preach its main message to every corner of the world.
Part 6: How to Observe International Day of Education?
Do you want to observe the International Day of Education? There are various ways through which you can celebrate and observe this day with complete dedication. In this section, you can find multiple ideas to efficiently celebrate the International Day of Education:
1. Participate in Activities
There are various activities related to the International Day of Education. For instance, you are doing an internship in a school to educate children for free. Moreover, multiple NGOs and organizations hold educational activities such as conferences and seminars. You should participate in these activities to contribute to promoting the education day.
Being a responsible citizen, you should care about the well-being of your society. Furthermore, it will help you create social bonds with others in the provided ecosystem. You can also express your opinions, aims, and thoughts in such activities. Hence, by participating in educational activities on international education day, you can play your key role which will also help social cohesion.
2. Share your Opinions
Another great way to celebrate education day is by sharing your message with everyone. In this era of social media, you can share posts, quotations, and opinions about the importance of education. Moreover, you can create captivating banners and posters to write about the positive effects of education. You can also create a presentation for your class fellows about the building role of education.
That's why individual participation is extremely important to promote the serious need for education. We cannot claim complete responsibility for our governmental organizations for the lack of education. By sharing the message on small platforms, you can help your followers become aware of the need for education in this era. Moreover, this will also inspire other people to play their part in promoting education.
3. Promote Education Initiatives
NGOs and social institutes also play a critical role in highlighting the need for education. Globally, many institutes and organizations aim to build and fund schools in underdeveloped areas. Being a citizen, you should support such educational initiatives to help uneducated children around you. You can collect funds and encourage others to offer financial support in building educational institutes.
Moreover, you can begin charity at home by tutoring unprivileged children around you. This will not only help the children in getting basic education but also act as a source of productivity. You can also take part-time jobs to teach in underdeveloped schools or colleges to offer your complete support in nourishing society.
4. Educate Yourself through Workshops
To observe international education day, you can also put focus on your personality. Knowledge has no boundaries and does not come with an age restriction. You can benefit from this day by participating in educational workshops around you. It will not only groom your personality but also provide you confidence in believing in yourself. By taking educational seminars every year, you can also improve your portfolio. Moreover, it will further help you in tutoring and teaching other individuals without any hesitation.
5. Give your Research Related to Education
If you are a student and want to play an essential role in celebrating International Education Day. In that case, you can create a research thesis on the lack of education in your particular area. Research papers or a thesis help many people in analyzing the importance of a particular factor in society. To support your argument, you can collect data about the uneducated children in your area. You can find the main reasons that are preventing people from getting a quality education.
Your research paper can help politicians and researchers work on the loopholes in the system. By stating authentic facts and statistics, you can highlight the unprivileged class of society. Moreover, it can help you achieve appreciation in your academic career.
Part 7: International Day of Education Wishes Quotes and Messages
There are various educational messages, quotes, and wishes that can help you in spreading the message on international education day. Here are some of the captivating messages that you can utilize:
- "Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mine worker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another." ― Nelson Mandela.
- "Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." – Kofi Annan.
- "Never underestimate the power of education as it is the most important thing for a person to grow and prosper. Warm wishes on International Day of Education."
- "The path of progress is incomplete without education. Let us educate everyone and make this world prosperous. Happy World Education Day."
- "Warm wishes on International Day of Education to you. Let us never miss an opportunity to give a child, the precious gift of education."
- "A very Happy World Education Day to all the students. You may not realize it now but education is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to you."
- "Education is not the learning of facts, it's rather the training of the mind to think." ― Albert Einstein.
- "When educating the minds of our youth we must not forget to educate their hearts" ― Dalai Lama.
- "Degrees might make you boastful, but knowledge only makes you humble. I hope your heart captures the true essence of knowledge. Happy Education Day."
- "You can waste your lives drawing lines, or you can live life crossing them." – Shonda Rhimes
Part 8: An Ultimate PDF Editor To Level Up Document Productivity in Learning and Teaching
PDF documents are widely used in teaching and learning. If you want to enhance your productivity while dealing with PDF documents, UPDF is the best PDF software for education. It offers excellent compatibility with famous platforms like Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. You can find and access all the features in this tool through which you can create, edit, and modify your PDF files. This tool functions at a fast processing speed and offers a clean user interface.
Moreover, you can efficiently perform advanced operations on your PDF files through UPDF. It is a highly affordable and secure tool. Hence, UPDF can prove to be a highly effective tool that can assist you in learning and progressing in your daily growth.
Main Features of UPDF
- UPDF contains an OCR function through which you can transform scanned PDFs into editable and searchable.
- You can add annotations to your documents by using a highlighter, pencil, text box, sticky notes, and stickers.
- UPDF also makes the organization of PDF pages easy. You can instantly add, delete, replace, or extract the PDF page without hassle.
- Through the editing mode of this tool, you can efficiently add, delete and change the font of your text. Moreover, you can also edit the inserted images in your PDF.
- To add customizations to your PDFs, you can professionally create electronic signatures through this tool.
International Day of Education provides an excellent opportunity to focus on the importance of education. To make your society and nation prosper, you should play your part in promoting the positive impacts of education. Through this article, you have explored the significance, history, and practical ways to celebrate International Education Day 2023.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today