Do you only need a portion of that large PDF file? Splitting pages from the original file are the only way to extract one or more sections from a PDF. In order to save or distribute only the relevant pages, an online Split PDF tool makes this simple such as iLovePDF Split. In this article, we shall introduce a detailed guide on how to split a PDF with iLovePDF, as well as an even better alternative to do the task.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to iLovePDF for Splitting PDFs
UPDF is a PDF editor that provides you with all of the tools necessary to split, edit, annotate, convert, and organize PDF files. Using UPDF, it is possible to effortlessly split large PDF files into a number of smaller pages.
UPDF is a trustworthy PDF application that allows users to manage and modify a large number of PDF files all at once. It is not difficult to rotate, extract, split, or even replace or delete pages that are not required. Additionally, it is possible to insert new blank pages or pages from other PDF documents. The following are the important features of UPDF:
- It allows you to add to, change, and edit the text of PDF documents that you have. Users are also able to easily edit images within PDF documents.
- There are four different reading modes accessible, including scrolling, single-page view, two-page view, and two-page scrolling.
- You may add bookmarks into a PDF file. You can also display a PDF as a Slideshow.
- You can rotate, delete, and take pages out of a PDF file. It also allows you to split PDF files.
- You may add comments to a PDF document by highlighting important passages, making notes, adding text boxes, and so on.
- You may convert your PDFs to other file formats, and the OCR feature is included in the conversion.
Here is how to split PDF using UPDF:
- To begin, you will need to get UPDF and then install it on your computer or laptop.
- To open a PDF, either click the "Open File" button or just drag the PDF into the interface where it will open automatically.
- To organize your pages, use the "Organize Pages" icon located on the toolbar's left side.
- To split the page, use the "Split" option from the toolbar for editing pages.
- You'll see a popup labeled "Split Document" appear. In the field labeled "Split by Number of Pages," enter the total number of pages included in each PDF document. (For instance, if you had 100 pages, you would input "5" pages, and then you would obtain 20 PDF documents, each of which would contain 5 pages.)
You have the option of either extracting the pages you want or splitting the document into the required size. You also have the option of combining these pages into a single PDF document.
PDF splitter is especially useful in situations where you need to email a huge PDF file to someone. You are able to transmit those fragments of the file via email once you have split it up into smaller PDF files.
We recommend you use UPDF because it is a simple, reliable, and secure PDF editor. It will also offer you a lot of multiple features in addition to PDF splitting. It is available on Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS (The split feature is available only on the Mac version now).
Video Tutorial on How to Split PDF
Part 2. Risk of Splitting PDF with iLovePDF
Some of the most evident risks associated with using an online PDF tool such as iLovePDF are listed below.
- You have to connect internet to use an online tool. If you lost the internet, it has the risk to lose the edits or encounter some error.
- You have to upload your documents to the internet. Sometimes you don't know whether the security of your document, your private information, and sensitive data is protected or not.
- By using an online program, you expose your computer and local drive to malware and other viruses.
If you use a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox, you won't know if your files are saved on an external server unless it's explicitly stated in the site's terms of service and security policy. Before utilizing an online PDF editor, you should carefully review the terms of service and conditions.
It is better for you to use a desktop tool to split PDFs, one of the best solutions is UPDF.
Compare UPDF with iLovePDF
|Security||All the files will be stored on your local storage, and you don't need to upload any documents to the internet.||You have to upload your documents to the website.|
|Internet||Don't need to connect internet to use it.||You have to connect internet to use it.|
|Stability||High stability||The stability varies on the internet.|
Part 3. 2 Ways to Split PDF in iLovePDF
With the Split PDF tool from iLovePDF, you may split a PDF file into several pages. This includes scanned documents and forms that you can fill out.
It is possible to combine all of the extracted pages ranges into a single PDF document using the online tool as well.
With iLovePDF, this guide will show you how to:
- Separate custom page ranges from a PDF
- Split a PDF file into fixed page ranges
In iLovePDF's Custom Ranges option, page ranges that you want to split from a PDF file can be adjusted. You have the option to extract as many separate page ranges as you like and merge them all into a single PDF document.
- Go to the Split PDF tool on the iLovePDF website.
- Click the "Select PDF file" button and upload from the local device you wish to split Or click the Google Drive or the Dropbox icon to import files from there.
- Select the "Custom ranges" mode from the Split by range tab.
- Enter the range of pages from the main PDF that you wish to separate. The "Add Range" button may be used to add a new range.
- If you want to combine all ranges into a single PDF document, select the checkbox.
- The PDF will be split if you click on the "Split PDF" button.
- Take a copy of your Split PDF with you or upload it to the cloud.
There is an option to divide a document into fixed page ranges, which may be done by selecting the Fixed ranges mode in the iLovePDF split tool.
- Go to the Split PDF tool on iLovePDF.
- Google Drive, Dropbox, or your local device may be used to choose the file you wish to divide.
- Select the "Fixed ranges" mode from the Split by range tab.
- Set the fixed page range by selecting a number.
- The PDF will be split if you click on the "Split PDF" button.
- Split PDF files can be downloaded or saved back to the cloud.
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- Como imprimir PDF como livreto no Windows e Mac
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly
- How to Save a Fillable PDF on Windows and Mac
- Top 5 Easy and Dominant Signature Makers
- How to Edit PDF Android – A Detailed Guide to UPDF
- Einfache 3 Methoden zum Entfernen von Links aus PDF