Do you only need a portion of that large PDF file? Splitting pages from the original file are the only way to extract one or more sections from a PDF. In order to save or distribute only the relevant pages, an online Split PDF tool makes this simple such as iLovePDF Split. In this article, we shall introduce a detailed guide on how to split a PDF with iLovePDF, as well as an even better alternative to do the task.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to iLovePDF for Splitting PDFs
UPDF is a PDF editor that provides you with all of the tools necessary to split, edit, annotate, convert, and organize PDF pages. Using UPDF, it is possible to effortlessly split large PDF files into a number of smaller pages.
UPDF is a trustworthy PDF application that allows users to manage and modify a large number of PDF files all at once. It is not difficult to rotate, extract, split, or even replace or delete pages. Additionally, it is possible to insert new blank pages or pages from other PDF documents. The following are the important features of UPDF:
- It allows you to add to, change, and edit the text of PDF documents that you have. Users are also able to easily edit images and links within PDF documents.
- There are four different reading modes accessible, including "Single Page Scrolling", "Single Page View", "Two Page View", and "Two Page Scrolling".
- You may add bookmarks into a PDF file. You can also display a PDF as a slideshow.
- You can rotate, delete, and take pages out of a PDF file. It also allows you to split PDF files.
- You may add comments to a PDF document by highlighting important passages, making notes, adding text boxes, and so on.
- You may convert PDFs to other file formats, and the OCR feature is included in the conversion.
Here is how to split PDF using UPDF:
- To begin, you will need to get UPDF and then install it on your computer or laptop.
- To open a PDF, either click the "Open File" button or just drag the PDF into the interface where it will open automatically.
- To organize your pages, use the "Organize Pages" icon located on the toolbar's left side.
- To split the page, use the "Split" option from the toolbar for spliting pages.
- You'll see a popup labeled "Split Document" appear. In the field labeled "Split by Number of Pages," enter the total number of pages included in each PDF document. (For instance, if you had 100 pages, you would input "5", and then you would obtain 20 PDF documents, each of which would contain 5 pages.)
You have the option of either extracting the pages you want or splitting the document into the required size. You also have the option of combining these pages into a single PDF document.
PDF splitter is especially useful in situations where you need to email a huge PDF file to someone. You are able to transmit those fragments of the file via email once you have split it up into smaller PDF files.
We recommend you use UPDF, because it is a simple, reliable, and secure PDF editor. It will also offer you a lot of multiple features in addition to PDF splitting. It is available on Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Video Tutorial on How to Split PDF
Part 2. Risk of Splitting PDF with iLovePDF
Some of the most evident risks associated with using an online PDF tool such as iLovePDF are listed below.
- You have to connect internet to use an online tool. If you lost the internet, it has the risk to lose the edits or encounter some error.
- You have to upload your documents to the internet. Sometimes you don't know whether the security of your document, your private information, and sensitive data is protected or not.
- By using an online program, you expose your computer and local drive to malware and other viruses.
If you use a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox, you won't know if your files are saved on an external server unless it's explicitly stated in the site's terms of service and security policy. Before utilizing an online PDF editor, you should carefully review the terms of service and conditions.
It is better for you to use a desktop tool to split PDFs, one of the best solutions is UPDF.
Compare UPDF with iLovePDF
|Security||All the files will be stored on your local storage, and you don't need to upload any documents to the internet.||You have to upload your documents to the website.|
|Internet||Don't need to connect internet to use it.||You have to connect internet to use it.|
|Stability||High stability||The stability varies on the internet.|
Part 3. 2 Ways to Split PDF in iLovePDF
With the Split PDF tool from iLovePDF, you may split a PDF file into several pages. This includes scanned documents and forms that you can fill out.
It is possible to combine all of the extracted pages ranges into a single PDF document using the online tool as well.
With iLovePDF, this guide will show you how to:
- Separate custom page ranges from a PDF
- Split a PDF file into fixed page ranges
Way 1. Split a PDF by Page Range with iLovePDF
In iLovePDF's Custom Ranges option, page ranges that you want to split from a PDF file can be adjusted. You have the option to extract as many separate page ranges as you like and merge them all into a single PDF document.
- Go to the Split PDF tool on the iLovePDF website.
- Click the "Select PDF File" button and upload from the local device you wish to split or click the Google Drive or the Dropbox icon to import files from there.
- Select the "Custom Ranges" mode from the split by range tab.
- Enter the range of pages from the main PDF that you wish to separate. The "Add Range" button may be used to add a new range.
- If you want to combine all ranges into a single PDF document, select the checkbox.
- The PDF will be split if you click on the "Split PDF" button.
- Take a copy of your split PDF with you or upload it to the cloud.
Way 2. Split a PDF by Fixed Page Numbers
There is an option to divide a document into fixed page ranges, which may be done by selecting the fixed ranges mode in the iLovePDF split tool.
- Go to the split PDF tool on iLovePDF.
- Google Drive, Dropbox, or your local device may be used to choose the file you wish to divide.
- Select the "Fixed Ranges" mode from the split by range tab.
- Set the fixed page range by selecting a number.
- The PDF will be split if you click on the "Split PDF" button.
- Split PDF files can be downloaded or saved back to the cloud.
Compared with spliting PDF using iLovePDF, UPDF supports a safer environment for your PDF files; privacy has become an increasingly important issue in today's digital world and UPDF is here to help with its offline mode. Not mention to easier steps of splitting PDFs, it also enables all the basic and advanced features, such as edit text, images, links, and add stamps or signatures, also with OCR function. With user-friendly interface and resonable price, UPDF is definitely your best choice. Download it today and have a trial!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint