Graphic Interchange Format (GIF) is widely used in social media platforms to convey feelings in messages. However, now the same trend is shifting in the documentation process. Today, the need to create visually appealing, easy-to-understand, and demonstrative documents urges content creators to add GIFs, images, and other graphics into PDFs. Therefore, different content creators are using different ways to add GIFs to PDF files. So, let's explore in detail the three best ways to add GIF to PDF so that you can pick the method that best suits you and easily embed GIF in PDF.
Part 1. How to Add GIF to PDF with UPDF [Highly Recommended]
The best way to add GIF to PDF without losing quality is by using a PDF editor tool. UPDF is a powerful and reputed PDF editor known for its intuitive interface and feature-rich editing functionalities. With UPDF, you can add GIFs to your PDF file with one click at any place you want and even further edit them as required. Follow the below steps to add GIF to PDF with UPDF:
Step 1. Download, install, and launch UPDF on your computer.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Step 2. Drag and drop the PDF into UPDF or click the "Open File" button to add a PDF file.
Step 3. Once you open the PDF file, click the "Edit PDF" icon to edit the PDF file. Afterward, click the "Image" option from the top and select the GIF you want to add.
Step 4. Lastly, adjust the size and location of the GIF in your PDF and save the PDF file back to your computer.
That's it! This way, you can quickly and efficiently add GIF to PDF with UPDF. Besides that, UPDF also offers many other features, such as:
- Editing: It offers feature-rich editing capabilities, such as editing text, links, and images, adding backgrounds and watermarks, and doing other customizations.
- Annotating: It enhances collaboration by allowing annotation capabilities, such as adding comments, stamps, stickers, signatures, shapes, etc.
- Converting: It can accurately convert PDFs into other popular formats, such as converting PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CSV, image, text, and many more, with retained formatting.
- Organizing: It makes it easy to organize PDF pages, including adding, deleting, replacing, rotating, cropping, splitting, etc.
- Resizing: It allows resizing large PDFs into reduced file sizes without compromising quality.
- OCR Technology: Its AI-powered OCR technology helps to convert scanned PDFs or paper documents in various languages into editable PDFs.
In short, UPDF is one comprehensive PDF editor that efficiently assists in almost all PDF-related matters.
Part 2. How to Embed GIF in PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a globally known software for creating and editing PDFs. Its built-in PDF editing functionalities allow you to easily and instantly add and adjust GIFs to create appealing, professional-looking PDF documents. So, follow the below steps to embed GIF in PDF with Adobe Acrobat:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat on your computer. Select the "My Computer" tab from the left sidebar and click "Browse" to add the PDF to which you want to add GIF.
- After adding the PDF to Adobe Acrobat, select the "Tools" tab from the top and click "Edit PDF".
- Go to the place in the PDF where you want to add GIF and click "Add Image" from the top menu bar. Afterward, select the GIF file and click "Open".
This way, your GIF file will be embedded into the PDF.
Part 3. How to Add GIF to PDF Online
Other than the above two methods, there is another easy and fast way to add GIF to PDF, i.e., via GIF to PDF online converters. Plenty of online editors are available today that offer a simple and efficient way to add GIF or other multimedia files to your PDFs without the need for software or technical expertise. So, follow the below steps to add GIF to PDF online:
- Pick the online PDF editor of your choice, such as PDFescape, Seja, etc.
- Upload your PDF file and open it.
- Click the "Add Image" button from the top menu bar and select the GIF you want to add.
- Once the GIF is added to the PDF, adjust its size and position.
- Lastly, save the PDF file.
This way, you can add GIF to PDF online without installing any software. However, it is important to know that online software does come with privacy and security concerns. So, it is important that you use a trustworthy online PDF editor or opt for a PC software solution to avoid any misuse of your PDF files.
Part 4. Limitations of Adding GIF in PDF
Although adding GIF in PDF helps to make the document look more appealing, demonstrative, and professional, it comes with one major limitation, i.e., the static nature of PDFs. All the methods we discussed above to add GIF to PDF will insert GIFs as static images in the PDF. This means that no animation will appear in the PDF when anyone reads the PDF file. So, even though you are adding GIF in PDF, it will still look like you are adding an image in PDF.
If you want to embed animated GIF in PDF, the best way is to convert GIF into a video format and add video into the PDF. This way, anyone accessing the PDF electronically will be able to watch the video.
Part 5. FAQs About GIF in PDF
1. Can I add multiple GIFs to the same PDF file?
Yes, you can add as many GIFs as you want in the same PDF files. You can follow the same steps you used to add one GIF to the PDF file and add more GIFs. However, adding too many GIFs in a PDF file will increase the file size and might also impact readability.
2. How to convert a GIF to PDF?
If you just want to convert a GIF to PDF, you can do it easily with the UPDF's Batch Combine feature. This feature allows you to instantly convert multiple GIFs to PDF and make further changes to the PDF afterward. Follow the below steps to convert GIF to PDF with UPDF:
- Launch UPDF and click the "Batch Combine" tab.
- Click the "Add Files" button and select the "Add Files" option.
- Add GIF files you want to convert to PDF.
- Click the "Apply" button and then save the file.
This way, you can instantly convert GIF to PDF.
3. How to reduce the file size of a PDF with embedded GIFs?
When you add multiple GIFs to the PDF, it can increase the file size significantly. So, to reduce the file size, you have to use a specialized tool, such as UPDF. It allows you to compress the PDF size without compromising the quality. Follow the below steps to reduce PDF file size with UPDF:
- Launch UPDF and open the PDF file whose size you want to reduce.
- Click the "Save as Other" button from the right sidebar.
- Select the "Reduce File Size" option to save the PDF file in reduced size.
That's it! This way, the tool will reduce the file size and save a more compressed version of the PDF.
Adding GIFs to PDFs is becoming popular to create more engaging and appealing documents for readers. Above, we have discussed in detail multiple ways to add GIF to PDF files. So, you can pick any one of them and embed GIF in PDF. However, if you are looking for the best pick to add GIFs seamlessly without compromising quality, then UPDF should be your choice. Its click-based interface, built-in editing features, and reduced file size PDF downloads make it an all-in-one tool to add GIFs and customize PDFs further to elevate the document quality to the maximum.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure