When we open a PDF document, you will find that it will be open in Chrome by default. How can we open PDF in Adobe instead of Chrome? In this article, we will introduce 3 methods on how to open PDF in Adobe not Chrome or Edge.
- Part 1. 3 Methods to Open PDF in Adobe and Not Using Chrome
- Part 2. How to Open PDF in Adobe not Edge
- Part 3. How to Open PDF on Windows and Mac with UPDF
3 Methods to Open PDF in Adobe Not Chrome
PDFs are one of the most popular ways to share information online. With so many people using PDFs, the need for a way to open them is growing. There are many different programs and applications that can open PDFs, but there are also some free methods available.
Chrome is an excellent browser, but it's not the best for opening PDFs. In fact, Chrome has a number of problems when it comes to handling PDFs, including:
- Opening them slowly - sometimes as much as 10 seconds after you click on them
- Creating duplicate copies of the file that are hard to find and delete
- Not allowing you to save your place when you close the tab and come back later.
The following are three methods you can use to open PDF files in Adobe without needing Chrome.
If you are interested in switching your settings to open PDFs in Adobe Reader instead of your browser, here are a few step-by-step instructions for changing the settings in Adobe Reader. By following these, you can change the way your computer or PDF reader handles PDF links or files with these steps.
Step 1. Open Acrobat Reader and click Edit > Preferences in the menu bar.
Step 2. Click the "General" option in the left panel.
Step 3. To enable Acrobat Reader, click the "Select as Default PDF Handler". After you set Adobe Reader as default, then you will open PDF in Adobe not Chrome.
Method 2. Use the "Open with" Options
1. Open it in Adobe by going to your desktop, right-clicking on the PDF file, and selecting "Open with" > "Adobe Reader".
2. Open it in Adobe by dragging the PDF file onto your desktop icon for Adobe Reader (if you have one).
Here you will update the system settings on your computer. It will ensure that every PDF file opened this time onwards opens in Adobe Reader only. This works for downloaded PDF files the best. Here’s how to do it:
Open the location where your file resides. Now right click on the PDF file to open the list of options.
Here you will see properties. Click on this to open properties settings.
On the newly opened dialogue box, look for Opens with. You will see a change button right next to it. Click on it. A new window will now open.
Look for the Adobe reader DC option from the drop down list of softwares. Select it. And then click on OK.
This will change the default PDF opening software to Adobe Reader and not the Chrome browser.
Microsoft Edge is a web browser that's available for Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. While it's a great browser, it's not the best choice for opening PDF files.
If you'd like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening PDF files and instead open them in Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF reader of your choosing, follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Microsoft Edge app.
- Next, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen to open up a dropdown menu.
- From there, choose Settings from the dropdown menu and then click on View advanced settings at the bottom of that menu.
- Finally, click on Change default PDF viewer at the bottom of this page and then choose Adobe Acrobat Reader 11 or another PDF reader from the dropdown list.
How to Open PDF on Windows and Mac with UPDF? The Best Method of All!
The UPDF - free PDF editor is a software that allows you to edit and manage the PDF files. It is a very simple-to-use tool that can be used by anyone, even if they have no experience with it. The design of the program is very intuitive and easy to use.
- A full-featured editor that allows you to edit PDF documents and save your changes.
- Ability to manage PDF pages by inserting new pages, rotating pages, extracting pages, deleting pages, and replacing pages.
- Powerful annotation tools to help you add notes, text boxes, text callouts, typewriter, highlights, underline, stamps, stickers, signatures, etc.
- It allows you to add new text and images to a PDF document.
- You can crop the image in PDF document. You can also rotate the image, extract, replace the image.
Now let it see how to open PDF files using the said software
So first of all, you will click on the "Open File" button that's displayed on the screen. Or you can simply drag and drop the PDF documents into the interface of UPDF.
Now you will have an option to select from one of the four viewing modes. Here you can select from single page view, two page view, regular scrolling view, and the two-page scrolling view.
Tip: you can also open multiple PDF files on this software and view them simultaneously (side by side). These PDF files will open just like you open tabs on a web browser.
A good thing about using the software is that not only you can open the PDF file but also go on editing them. You can also add annotations to PDF documents.
There is a navigation bar on the bottom of the screen from where you can directly jump to a particular page. There are also arrows for up and down scrolling of the file which is open at that moment.
In this post, we've discussed the many different ways that you can view your PDF files in Adobe and not Chrome. We hope you've found this useful and that you'll keep these tips in mind the next time you need to view or edit a PDF file.
And the UPDF software is a great tool for viewing, editing and annotating PDF files. It's easy to use, and you can't miss this free PDF editor.
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF
- The Best Back to School PDF Tool You Should's Miss in 2022
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books