When we open a PDF document, you will find that it will be open in Chrome by default. How can we open PDF in Adobe instead of Chrome? In this article, we will introduce different methods on how to open PDF in Adobe not Chrome or Edge.
How to Open PDF with UPDF Not Adobe or Chrome
UPDF is a software that allows you to edit and manage PDF files. It is a very simple-to-use tool that can be used by anyone, even if they have no experience with it. The design of the program is very intuitive and easy to use.
Some Notable Features of UPDF Include:
- A full-featured editor that allows you to edit PDF documents and save your changes.
- Ability to manage PDF pages by inserting new pages, rotating pages, extracting pages, deleting pages, and replacing pages.
- Powerful annotation tools to help you add notes, text boxes, text callouts, typewriter, highlights, underline, stamps, stickers, signatures, etc.
- It allows you to add new text, images, and links to a PDF document.
- You can crop the image in a PDF document. You can also rotate, extract, and replace the image.
Now let it see how to open PDF files using the said software
Step 1. Click the "Open File" button
So first of all, you will click on the "Open File" button that's displayed on the top. Or you can simply drag and drop the PDF documents into the interface of UPDF.
Mac and Windows version of the main interface is same. The windows version "Open File" icon is down the UPDF picture. You can click it to open the PDF file.
Step 2. View PDF with Multiple Modes
Now you will have the option to select from one of the four viewing modes by right-clicking the pages and selecting "Page Display". Here you can select from "Single Page View", "Single Page Scrolling", "Two Page View", and "Two Page Scrolling" views.
Tip: you can also open multiple PDF files on this software and view them simultaneously (side by side). These PDF files will open just like you open tabs on a web browser.
Step 3. What You Can Do After Opening PDF on UPDF
A good thing about using the software is that not only you can open the PDF file but also go on editing them. You can also add annotations to PDF documents like highlight, strikethrough, underline the text. Adding text comments, text boxes, and sticky notes is also easy.
Edit PDF is also the most popular function. You can edit the text, image, and link quickly. It can also add text, images, and links to the PDF.
Organizing PDF pages can help you to manage PDFs. It allows you to insert, replace, extract, split, rotate, crop, and delete pages in PDF.
Watermark, background, header and footer is the important thing in PDF. You can create a new watermark, background, header and footer for PDF. About the existing watermark, background, header and footer, you can edit and delete them.
OCR feature is the most important feature to convert scanned PDFs to searchable and editable PDF files. It supports 38 languages of the document languages. It can also convert the PDF to an image-only PDF. This type can make PDFs not searchable and editable.
3 Methods to Open PDF in Adobe Not Chrome
PDFs are one of the most popular ways to share information online. With so many people using PDFs, the need for a way to open them is growing. There are many different programs and applications that can open PDFs, but there are also some free methods available.
Chrome is an excellent browser, but it's not the best for opening PDFs. In fact, Chrome has a number of problems when it comes to handling PDFs, including:
- Opening them slowly - sometimes as much as 10 seconds after you click on them
- Creating duplicate copies of the file that are hard to find and delete
- Not allowing you to save your place when you close the tab and come back later.
The following are three methods you can use to open PDF files in Adobe without needing Chrome.
Method 1. Set Adobe Reader as Default
If you are interested in switching your settings to open PDFs in Adobe Reader instead of your browser, here are a few step-by-step instructions for changing the settings in Adobe Reader. By following these, you can change the way your computer or PDF reader handles PDF links or files with these steps.
- Step 1. Open Acrobat Reader and click Edit > Preferences in the menu bar.
- Step 2. Click the "General" option in the left panel.
- Step 3. To enable Acrobat Reader, click the "Select as Default PDF Handler". After you set Adobe Reader as the default, then you will open PDF in Adobe not Chrome.
Method 2. Use the "Open with" Options
1. Open it in Adobe by going to your desktop, right-clicking on the PDF file, and selecting "Open with" > "Adobe Reader".
2. Open it in Adobe by dragging the PDF file onto your desktop icon for Adobe Reader (if you have one).
Method 3. Set Adobe Reader as Default from Viewer Properties
Here you will update the system settings on your computer. It will ensure that every PDF file opened from this time onwards opens in Adobe Reader only. This works for downloaded PDF files the best. Here's how to do it:
- Open the location where your file resides. Now right-click on the PDF file to open the list of options.
- Here you will see "Properties." Click on this to open property settings.
- On the newly opened dialogue box, look for "Opens with." You will see a "change" button right next to it. Click on it. A new window will now open.
- Look for the "Adobe reader DC" option from the drop-down list of software. Select it. And then click on "OK".
This will change the default PDF opening software to Adobe Reader and not the Chrome browser.
Compare UPDF with Adobe Reader
|Operating System||Mac, Windows, iOS, Android||Mac, Windows, iOS, Android|
|Function||View, annotate, edit, organize pages, add and edit watermark, add and edit the background, add and edit header and footer, convert format, OCR PDFs, protect PDF using the password, share the files, send the file by email, print,||View, print, share, and comment on PDFs.|
|Easy to Use||4.9||3.9|
How to Open PDF in Adobe not Edge?
Microsoft Edge is a web browser that's available for Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. While it's a great browser, it's not the best choice for opening PDF files.
If you'd like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening PDF files and instead open them in UPDF or Adobe Acrobat Reader of your choosing, follow these easy steps:
- First, open "Settings" on the computer.
- From there, choose "Apps" from the dropdown menu and then click on "Default apps" advanced settings at the bottom of that menu.
- Now, you will find a search box "Set default for file type or link type". Search for a PDF file by writing ".pdf". The current default PDF application will be displayed. Click it and change it.
To wrap up
In this post, we've discussed the many different ways that you can view your PDF files in Adobe and not Chrome. We hope you've found this useful and that you'll keep these tips in mind the next time you need to view or edit a PDF file.
And the UPDF software is a great tool for viewing, editing, and annotating PDF files. It's easy to use, and you can't miss this best PDF editor.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF