ChatGPT already saves your conversation automatically in the left sidebar. However, you may want to share these conversations with others for easy access or later use or download them locally for backup purposes. In this blog, we will share how to save ChatGPT conversation as PDF or in Word form.
If you are someone who wants to save ChatGPT threads so that you can revisit it and continue your conversation. Then this method is for you. ChatGPT saves the conversation automatically. Using this method, you can keep your conversation in ChatGPT and start your conversation from where you left off. Using this method, you can also learn how to rename, delete, or even directly share conversations with others.
- Open ChatGPT on your device. And start a prompt in the chatbox.
- Once you have entered the prompt, press "enter." As ChatGPT answers your query, the chat will be visible in the left panel with a name similar to the prompt you provided. The conversation threads are all saved in this left panel in ascending order. With the one you have used mostly recently, first and then the next.
- If you want to share, rename, or delete any conversation thread. Just drag your cursor over the conversation thread and click it using the mouse. This way, that conversation will open now, and three dots will be visible. Click on it, and you will get the option to share, rename, or delete chat. Here, select the icon based on your desired actions.
Although ChatGPT now saves the conversation threads automatically for you to start a conversation again anytime. But sometimes, these conversation threads can be lost in the array of conversation threats automatically saved in the left panel whenever you start a new conversation. So, if you want to export your conversation as a document, these two methods below are for you.
This is the simplest method you can use to export your ChatGPT chat as a PDF document. Here is how to do it.
- Open ChatGPT.
- Go to the ChatGPT conversation you want to download.
- Then, right-click on the mouse. You will see a bunch of options select "Print" here. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to make settings (if required). Here, go to the "Destination" button, and from the drop-down menu, select "Save as PDF."
- Press "Save" to export the chat as PDF.
That's it. Your chat will be saved as a PDF.
Limitations Of This Consideration:
Although you can export conversation using this method, it only lets you export content, which comes in A4 one page. If you have to print the entire thread, you must save all conversations separately.
If you are looking for a way to edit your printed PDF or chat with your PDF file, then we recommend using UPDF. Its powerful OCR feature converts the printed PDF into a searchable and editable format. Its cutting-edge AI technology makes it easy to chat with your PDF or ask UPDF AI questions you want based on previous conversations. We will discuss more about UPDF in part 3 of this blog.
Eager to try out UPDF? To give it a try, select the download option down below.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
#2 Use Save ChatGPT Extension
Save ChatGPT is an extension you will find in the web store. This tool helps you download the ChatGPT conversation threads in PDF, TXT, and MD (Markdown) file format. Here is how to use the Save ChatGPT Extension method.
- Use the Chrome Web Store to download and install the Save ChatGPT plugin.
- Open the ChatGPT conversation you want to export.
- Now, from the toolbar menu, it usually appears in the top left side of the Chrome tab. Click on the Save ChatGPT extension and select your desired format for exporting the chat. (note: if the Save ChatGPT extension is not visible in the toolbar, select the "extension icon," an icon that would appear as a puzzle. And pin the Save ChatGPT extension this way now. The extension will be visible in the toolbar menu at all times.)
- Select the Save ChatGPT extension by clicking on its toolbar icon. Choose the format in which you want to download your ChatGPT chat.
- Once you select the format, a pop-up window will appear, asking you the location on your device where you want to save your file. That's it. Your file will download in your desired format.
As we mentioned in part 2 of the blog, UPDF is a PDF editor tool with a powerful AI chatbot. It's a tool that lets you chat with your PDFs, edit them, annotate, as well as convert them into other file formats.
UPDF is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Users can purchase 1 license and use it on four platforms. In addition, its AI chatbot (powered by ChatGPT) allows you to export chats as documents.
- UPDF's OCR feature can convert your printed or scanned PDFs into searchable and editable formats. This means when you have exported your ChatGPT chat via the print PDF feature, you can easily convert it into an editable format using UPDF.
- UPDF's powerful AI feature lets you chat with your documents. You can summarise your file content, rewrite it, or even continue asking questions based on the previous conversations you had in your PDF file.
- The software can be used on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iOS, as well as Andriod. Its iOS and Android versions support exporting conversations with UPDF AI as documents.
- Its annotating feature lets you annotate and add comments to your PDF files. You can also annotate and highlight essential prompts from your ChatGPT threads if you want to use them for future conversations in ChatGPT.
- If you want to remove or reorganize your ChatGPT exported conversation, the UPDF editing feature lets you perform these tasks easily.
- If you are working on sensitive files and want to protect them, UPDF provides you with various ways to protect your files, including password protection, permissions, digital signatures, and customizable access settings.
- UPDF's Cloud feature lets you access your files from any device and anywhere.
- Enjoy a seamless reading and reviewing experience thanks to UPDF's user-friendly interface. Importing files and organizing content is a breeze because of the drag-and-drop interface.
- UPDF also has a template library. You can use these UPDF template collections to browse through a variety of expertly created document templates based on your professional needs.
Excited to try out UPDF? Click on the link below to download and use UPDF today.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Part 4. FAQs About ChatGPT
Q1. How do you save the code in ChatGPT?
ChatGPT automatically saves chat, including codes you generate with it. If you want to save the code in another file, you can go to the code in the chat and click on the "copy code" button visible above the code.
Q2. How do I save ChatGPT prompts?
ChatGPT automatically saves prompts in conversation threads. If you want to save specific prompts, you should go to that chat, keep the cursor on the prompt you want to save, and right-click your mouse. Now save the file as a print PDF. You can also copy the prompt and save it in a Word file.
If you are looking to boost your ChatGPT capabilities and want to know how to trick ChatGPT to go beyond its AI limitations, then read this article.
Q3. What does save and submit mean in ChatGPT?
The save and submit in ChatGPT means you can edit the prompt, save, and submit it to get new answers based on changes you made in the prompt. This feature saves you time to rewrite the entire prompt with new edits and edit the previous prompt to more desired results.
In this article, we have discussed how to save ChatGPT conversations in ChatGPT and save ChatGPT conversations as a PDF. Using the abovementioned methods, you can easily revisit your prompts or save them as documents and reuse them whenever needed.
And if you are looking for a tool that can help you annotate, edit, as well as chat with your ChatGPT exported conversation, go for UPDF. It's a highly cost-effective and user-friendly AI-powered tool that makes your working with PDFs a breeze.