UPDF AI for Windows
UPDF AI for Windows is a powerful AI assistant to handle PDFs efficiently and finish the work quickly. With UPDF AI for Windows, you can summarize, translate, explain, rewrite, or ask any questions about the uploaded PDFs. Moreover, its human-like chatting mode also provides the ability to answer any questions in all fields.
Important Information: UPDF AI is accessible across various platforms, including UPDF for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Once you've completed your purchase and obtained authorization for AI features, UPDF AI can be utilized seamlessly on Windows and Mac computers, as well as on iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones.
UPDF AI for Windows offers two modes:
- Ask PDF Mode
- Chat Mode
To access the UPDF AI features, you have to open a PDF with it, and then click its icon from the bottom-right corner.
1. Ask PDF Mode
As the name suggests, Ask PDF mode lets you ask anything about the PDF. You can ask UPDF AI to summarize, translate, or explain the content of the PDF.
A. Summarize PDF
Ask PDF mode provides two ways to summarize, i.e., summarize the whole PDF at once or summarize a few selective paragraphs. Follow the below steps to summarize PDF with Ask PDF mode:
1. Tap the Ask PDF button from the UPDF AI sidebar and click Get Started to make the AI assistant analyze the PDF.
2. UPDF AI will automatically send you a summary of the whole document.
3. To summarize a few paragraphs, copy them, type “summarize this: [paste the copied paragraphs]” in the chat box, and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI assistant will summarize the required content for you.
Alternatively, you have the option to utilize the AI summarization feature by directly selecting the content within the PDF and opting for the "Summarize" assistant.
UPDF AI will then automatically generate a summary of the chosen content, which can be saved along with a sticky note.
B. Translate PDF
UPDF AI supports multiple languages, so the Ask PDF mode allows you to translate a word, sentence, or paragraph from your PDF in the desired language. Follow the below steps to translate PDF with Ask PDF mode:
1. Select and copy the text you want to translate.
2. Under the Ask PDF tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, type “translate in Chinese [paste the copied text here]” and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI will instantly provide you with the translation. Other than Chinese, you can also translate into French, Korean, German, Italian, Japanese, etc.
Furthermore, UPDF facilitates the direct selection of text within a PDF for translation. To achieve this, you only need to select the specific content you wish to translate and then select the "Translate" assistant.
C. Explain PDF
For difficult texts in PDF, Ask PDF mode makes it easy to explain them further for better understanding. Follow the below steps to explain PDF with Ask PDF mode:
1. Select and copy the text/paragraph you want to explain.
2. Under the Ask PDF tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, type “explain: [paste the copied text here]” and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI will provide a detailed explanation of the text/paragraph.
Similarly, just like the preceding two functionalities, you also possess the ability to choose content within the document and opt for the "Explain" assistant. UPDF will instantaneously provide explanations for the selected words, phrases, sentences, or paragraphs.
2. Chat Mode
The Chat mode of UPDF AI allows you to ask anything from the AI assistant beyond the PDF. Below are some of the ways you can use the Chat mode:
Chat mode can summarize any size and type of content. Follow the below steps to summarize content with Chat mode:
- Copy the content you want to summarize.
- Tap the Chat tab from the UPDF AI sidebar and choose Summarize from the drop-down button located above the chat box.
- Paste the content in the chat box and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI will provide an authentic summary of the content right away.
Chat mode supports translating texts into multiple languages, including English, Japanese, French, Chinese, Korean, etc. Follow the below steps to translate content with Chat mode:
- Copy the content you want to translate.
- Under the Chat tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, choose Translate from the drop-down button located above the chat box.
- Choose the language in which you want to translate.
- Paste the content into the chat box and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI will accurately translate the content into the requested language.
If you find it challenging to understand difficult texts, you can take the assistance of Chat mode to get more explanation about those points. Follow the below steps to explain content with Chat mode:
- Copy the content you want to explain.
- Under the Chat tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, choose Explain from the drop-down button located above the chat box.
- Paste the content in the chat box and hit Enter.
This way, UPDF AI will provide a more detailed elaboration of the content.
D. Human-Like Conversation
Chat mode is also useful for carrying out human-like conversations with the AI assistant. You can ask UPDF AI about anything and get the most appropriate answer. For example, let's suppose you are exploring the environment and greenery content and come across the question, “What are the main causes of deforestation”? So, you can input the question in the chat box and get the required answer.
E. Writing + Rewriting
UPDF AI makes it easy to get content ideas or generate new content. Under the Chat tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, type what you want the AI assistant to write, such as “steps to plan digital marketing strategy”. The AI assistance will provide a concise and accurate response to your request.
Similarly, if you want to rewrite some content, copy it. Afterward, type “rewrite this: [paste the copied content]” in the chat box and hit Enter. The UPDF AI assistant will provide a rewritten version of the text.
UPDF AI also empowers users to check grammar, eliminate spelling errors, and more. Copy the content you want to inspect. Under the Chat tab in the UPDF AI sidebar, type “check grammar: [paste the copied content]” and hit Enter. The UPDF AI assistant will analyze its grammar and provide relevant suggestions. Similarly, you can do the same for spell check or other inspections.