Kindle is a popular PDF reader, and while it is popularly known for reading ebooks, it can do so much more. Sending PDFs to Kindle is one of the great ways to further utilize Kindle, whether the device or app.
By sending your PDF files to your Kindle device or app, you get to read them more conveniently and carry out other tasks.
This article discusses a few ways to send your PDFs to your Kindle device and app with no fuss. In the latter part, it will introduce UPDF - a more convenient Kindle alternative for reading PDFs on the Go.
Part 1. Why Do People Need To Send PDFs to Kindle
You may want to ask why you need to send PDFs to Kindle. Here are some reasons people transfer their PDF files to Kindle:
Kindle Devices Are Lightweight
Kindle devices are built very lightweight and small, making them very easy to carry around and perfect for reading PDFs on the go.
Perfect for Reading Documents Not In Kindle-Supported Format
One great benefit of using Kindle is how it can read non-kindle PDF files. If you have some documents that are not in Kindle-supported format, you can simply send them in PDF format to your Kindle and read them on your device.
For Studying Purposes
PDFs of textbooks, research papers, and articles can be sent to your Kindle app or device, enabling you to read them at your convenience.
Sharing of PDFs
The Kindle app or device is also great for sending PDFs or other documents to friends or acquaintances.
Note: Kindle may be perfect for reading on the go, but there are a few alternatives. One of them is UPDF. UPDF is a free PDF reader and editor offering several benefits over the Kindle app.
Benefits of UPDF include:
- Cloud storage integration
- Day & night mode
- Full access PDF editing
- High interaction with the PDF
- PDF reading
- PDF editing
- PDF converting
- AI assistant
Check out the UPDF app now and experience why it is the best PDF reader.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Part 2. How to Send PDFs to Kindle Device
Kindle devices are available in two options: Paperwhite and Fire. While both options are Kindle lineups and share a few features, each option has its unique features.
However, whether you own a Paperwhite Kindle device or a Fire model, you can send your PDFs to your device through two options: through Kindle email or PC.
One of the simplest methods of sending PDFs to your Kindle device is through your Kindle email address. The Kindle email address is a unique address approved by Amazon, and only emails from this address will be received on your Kindle.
To use this feature, you must add an email to the Kindle-approved emails.
If you do not have a Kindle email address, set it up by following these steps:
- Log in with your Amazon account on the website
- After logging in, click on the "Account and lists" option at the top bar of your screen
- Click on "Manage your content & devices"
- Navigate to the "Preferences" option at the top bar of your screen
- A new menu pops up; navigate to "Personal Document Settings" and click on it
- Find "Approved Personal Document Email List" and check if your email address is listed. If not, choose "Add a new approved e-mail address"
- Enter the email address and click "Add address"
After that, you can simply send documents to your Kindle device by following these steps:
- Create an email and attach the PDF to the mail
- Send it to your approved Kindle address
- An email from Amazon will be sent to your Kindle device requesting your approval to download the PDF and add it to your library
- Immediately after the request is approved by you, the PDF is automatically downloaded and saved to your Kindle
2. Send PDFs through PC to Kindle Device
There are two methods you can send your PDFs or other documents to your Kindle device through a PC.
Method 1: Through a USB cord
- Connect your PC to your Kindle device via a USB cord
- Go to your Files Manager on your PC and choose the PDF you wish to send
- Right-click on the PDF (a menu pops up)
- Select "Send To" on the pop-up menu
- Finally, click on "Kindle"
Method 2: Through the "Send to Kindle" desktop app (available on Windows and Macbooks)
- Install the "Send to Kindle" application on your PC
- Log in using your Amazon account
- Go to your Files on your PC and choose the PDF you wish to send
- Click and drag the PDF file to the just downloaded application
- Select your Kindle device
- Finally, click on "send"
Part 3. How to Send PDFs to Kindle App
Sending PDFs to your Kindle app is a straightforward process. Here is a step-by-step guide detailing the process in a simplified way.
Step 1: Download the Kindle app
- Download the Kindle app
- Create an Amazon account to log in on your Kindle app
Step 2: Generate a Kindle Email Address
- Log in with your Amazon account on the website
- After logging in, click on the "Account and lists" option at the top right bar of your screen
- Hover down to "Manage your content & devices" and click on it
- You will be referred to a new page. Click on the "Preferences" option at your screen's top bar
- A new menu pops up; navigate to "Personal Document Settings"
- Click on the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings" section
- Your Kindle email address will be displayed
- To add the E-mail address you want to receive emails from, scroll down until you get to an option that reads, "Approved Personal Document Email List"
- Click on the option written in blue, which reads, "Add a new approved email address"
- Add any preferred email address of your choice and click on "Add address." This ensures that emails from this address will be delivered to your Kindle email
Step 3: Send an E-mail to your Kindle App
- Draft an email with the PDF attached from the approved email address to your Kindle email address. (The PDF size must not be more than 50 MB)
- Send the email and ensure it's sent successfully
- Approve the Email
- Amazon will notify you to approve the PDF being sent
- After approval, it gets downloaded and synced to your Kindle library
Part 4. Pros and Cons Between the Methods of Sending PDFs to Kindle App and to Kindle Device
Sending PDFs to a Kindle app or a Kindle device involves the same method of sending, with little to no difference in the steps. Here are a few pros and cons of sending to a Kindle app and a Kindle Device:
Pros of Sending To a Kindle App
- The Kindle app can be used on your standard device and accessed on your work PC or personal device.
- Annotation and further interaction, such as highlighting and comments, are allowed more on the Kindle app than on the device.
- It is compatible with various ebook formats, making sending PDFs very easy.
Cons of Sending To a Kindle App
- It does not support sending PDFs to others.
Pros of Sending to a Kindle Device
- Asides from sending PDFs to your approved email address, you can also convert your PDF documents to MOBI formats.
- It supports sharing of PDFs with others.
- By sending the PDF to your Kindle device, you can easily read your documents and access the benefits of reading on a Kindle device.
Part 5. Bonus Tip: UPDF is A More Convenient Kindle Alternate for Reading PDFs on the Go
With the emergence of AI, which makes everything easy and run seamlessly, UPDF with AI assistance is a remarkable and convenient PDF reader tool you can use as an alternative to Kindle.
Benefits you will enjoy using UPDF for reading and editing your files include:
- You can manage your PDF books on cloud storage and access them through four platforms anywhere, which are iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows.
- You can choose from dark and day modes. This gives the flexibility of choosing a mode perfect for your environment or need.
- It offers more than a conventional PDF reader with the UPDF AI, which can help you summarize, translate, or explain any PDF content.
- The UPDF cloud integration ensures an uninterrupted connection by synchronizing your data across all your devices.
- It has a user-friendly and intuitive design, enabling users to annotate, comment, highlight, underline, and more.
- UPDF also ensures a seamless interaction with the PDF as you perform various activities, such as zooming and navigating.
- UPDF supports multi-window so that you can open multiple PDFs in various windows, allowing you to switch from one PDF to another and compare side-by-side.
The UPDF is a great alternative to Kindle that you will never regret trying, as it enables and empowers readers and users alike with an unlimited interactive, accessible, functional PDF reading experience. Download the UPDF app now and unlock a world of unlimited possibilities.
The need to access PDFs on the go has become one of our essential needs in our daily lives. Whether you own a Kindle device or downloaded the app on your regular device, there are ways you can successfully send PDFs to your Kindle, which have been explained in this article.
And within minutes of sending your file to your Kindle device or app, you can easily access the PDF on your Kindle.
And if you are looking for a reliable, functional, and free PDF reader, consider UPDF, as it has several benefits and features to suit your needs. Download the UPDF AI app or purchase it today and start reading your PDFs with ease.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure