If you have a video or a series of videos that you would like to move to from your Mac to your iPhone, you may find that you are limited on the "how". Videos tend to be large files and therefore present a significant challenge when you need to move them from one device to another.
But there are several ways to do it and, in this article, we will be showing you how to transfer videos from Mac to iPhone. We will primarily focus on three solutions that can be very useful in this regard, starting with a simple, but highly effective solution.
Solution 1. How to Transfer Video from Mac to iPhone without UPDF
When most people think of transferring any kind of data from Mac to iPhone, they immediately think of using iTunes. This is a great way to get data from your Mac to your iPhone, but only if the videos you want to transfer are included in an iTunes backup. There are also additional challenges to restoring a backup, particularly the fact that it will often cause you to lose the new data on your device that was not included in the backup.
To avoid all of these problems, you can choose to use UPDF for iOS. This is a very effective file management app for iOS devices that will allow you to manage all types of files on your iOS device in various ways, including the following:
- It is the best way to keep all files on your device organized. You can access and manage all types of files on your device including Videos, Photos, PDF, Word, Excel, XML, and more.
- It also has a feature known as "Security Space" that allows you to use high-level security like Face ID and passcodes to protect your documents.
- It is also one of the best ways to create PDF documents. You can use the built-in scanner to scan any photo or document to create a PDF document.
- It is the best way to transfer videos from your Mac to iPhone as it will allow you to import files from any source, including your computer.
To facilitate the transfer of files from your Mac to PC, you need to make sure that both the iPhone and the Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Click "+" > "Computer"
Double-check to make sure that both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network and then open UPDF on your iPhone.
Tap on the "+" symbol at the bottom right corner of the main window.
Select "Computer" as the import source.
Step 2: Connect Mac and Your iPhone
You should then see a URL on your iPhone's screen.
Open a browser window on your Mac, enter this URL in the address bar, and hit "Enter" to connect the devices.
Step 3: Transfer Video from Mac to iPhone
Once the devices are connected successfully, you should be able to see the UPDF folders in the browser window.
Click on the "Upload Files" button and select the videos you would like to import from the Mac. This will transfer the video from your Mac to your iPhone successfully.
Keep the UPDF tab open and ensure that the iPhone screen remains unlocked until the process is complete.
Solution 2. How to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone using USB
You can also connect the iPhone to the Mac using a USB cable and transfer the videos to your iPhone using this connection. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you do that:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Open Finder on your Mac and then select the iPhone from the sidebar.
- Finder is available for macOS 10.15 or later. For earlier versions of macOS, you will need to use iTunes instead.
- Step 3: Click on "Files" at the top of the Finder window and then drag the video file or files from the Finder window to the Photos App on your iPhone.
Once the transfer is complete, the videos should be available on your iPhone. This is the steps on how to transfer videos from Mac to iPhone using USB cable.
Solution 3. How to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
While you might be able to transfer videos from your Mac to iPhone by simply restoring an iTunes backup with the videos you need, there are reasons why this may not be a desirable solution. But there is also a way that you can directly transfer videos from Mac to iPhone using iTunes.
To do this, you just need to connect the device to your Mac using a USB cable. This is also a good way when your macOS is running an earlier version of macOS. Here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Take a second to make sure that the version of iTunes running on your Mac is the latest version. If not, you may want to update it to prevent problems during the transfer process.
- Step 2: Now, connect the iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: Open iTunes and when it detects the connected iPhone (you may need to unlock the device), click on the iPhone icon on the top left of the iTunes window.
- Step 4: Click on "File Sharing" and select an app with the files you want to transfer in from the list. Then, select the file that you want to transfer and click on "Add". Choose where you would like to add the selected file and the transfer process will begin immediately.
Keep in mind that you can also use iTunes and Finder to transfer files from your iPhone to the Mac. This method may also be used to delete files from the iPhone, while it is connected to the computer.
- Print PDF
- Print PDF
- How to Open PDF in Chrome
- How to Open Password Protected PDF in 3 Ways
- How to Open Multiple PDFs at Once
- How to Compare PDFs for Free (3 Ways)
- How to Open PDF in InDesign on Mac
- How to Add Bookmarks to PDF
- 10 Best Software for Lawyers to Improve Productivity in 2022
- Exploring the Automation of Audit Trails