Nowadays, every document is digitized in the most preferred format of PDF. Sometimes, you need to work on customizing these PDF files according to your needs, but while doing this, you need a third-party tool for its successful execution. Many of you face difficulty choosing from famous PDF tools like PDF Candy VS UPDF.
There are many aspects that can cause confusion between the rankings of these tools, which makes you wonder which one is better. Worry no more because, by the end of this article, you'll know which one is better in the case of PDF Candy PDF Converter and UPDF - PDF editor.
Part 1: Comparison Between PDF Candy and UPDF
One of the most common but effective ways to differentiate between such tools is to know what features they support. The table listed below can satisfy your urge to know the difference between UPDF and PDF Candy, along with what types of features they support:
|Items||Features||PDF Candy Online||PDF Candy Desktop||UPDF|
|US$99/perpetual (Web+ Desktop)||US$39.99/year|
|System||Work on platforms||online||Windows||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android|
|Read PDF||Open, view, and read PDFs|
|Add and manage bookmarks|
|Search text in PDFs|
|Display PDF as a slideshow|
|AnnotatePDF||Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline|
|Squiggly line, Text Comment, Text Box, Text Callout|
|Manage the annotation list|
|Edit PDF||Add and edit the text in PDF.|
|Add rich text by dragging and dropping.|
|Add images to PDF|
|Extract Images from PDF|
|Delete, rotate, crop, and replace images|
|Add and edit links|
|Add and edit watermarks.|
|Add and edit the background.|
|Add and edit header & footer.|
|OCR||Turn scanned documents into searchable and editable PDFs.|
|Convert PDF||Convert PDF to Microsoft Office files (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx)|
|Convert PDF to CSV|
|Convert PDF to image files (.png, .jpg, .bmp,.tiff)|
|Convert PDF to GIF ( .gif)|
|Convert PDF to Rich Text Format (.rtf)|
|Convert PDF to Text (.txt)|
|Convert PDF to XML (.xml)|
|Convert PDF to HTML (.html)|
|Export PDF as PDF/A|
|Convert Scanned PDFs with OCR|
|Organize PDF||Insert, replace, rotate, and extract pages|
|Delete, crop pages|
|Protect and Share||Add an Open Password for PDF|
|Set a Permissions Password to prevent editing, copying, and printing of PDFs|
|Send a PDF by Email as an attachment.|
|Share PDF via a link|
|Create PDF||Create a blank PDF|
|Create a PDF from a photo or multiple photos|
|Create a PDF from the capture|
|Scan to PDF|
|Create PDF from other file types (Word, PPT, Excel, EPUB, HTML, FB2, MOBI)|
|Print PDF||Print PDF files|
|Form||Fill out Form|
|Create PDF Forms|
|Recognize Form Fields|
|Compress||Compress PDF file size|
|Batch||Batch process PDF files|
Part 2: Advantages of UPDF Compared with PDF Candy
The table above clarifies that UPDF is a feature-rich and assistive tool in comparison to PDF Candy. There are some other points that make UPDF better than PDF Candy, which you can see below:
1. More Worthwhile Price
When it comes to pricing, every person wishes to enjoy a tool's features at a reasonable price. As UPDF is an assisting tool that always places its user's needs above anything else, this tool also supports you in pricing. PDF Candy is an expensive tool; the Monthly Plan of this tool is US$6, the Yearly Plan is US$48, whereas the Desktop and Web Lifetime plan is US$99. It turns out to be pretty expensive for students.
Although UPDF is a budget-friendly tool, it offers you two plans, including annual and perpetual plans. The Annual Plan costs US$39.99, and the Perpetual one costs only US$69.99, which you can use for a lifetime. Above all, the file size of PDF Candy is limited to 500MB, but there is no such restriction in UPDF.
You might find PDF Candy to lag with slow internet, but UPDF does not lag because it is an offline tool. This makes it a much more progressive and supportive tool for managing PDF files.
2. Use the Same License for All Platforms
When you buy a license, you buy it with lots of money, but when you can't use that license on different platforms, it can be irritating. In the case of PDF Candy, you have to buy a different license for every device, which is a hectic thing. Moreover, this tool's monthly and yearly plans are only limited to its Web version.
However, when it comes to UPDF, there is no such thing as stated above because buying one license for UPDF is equivalent to using it on every device. Its license is applicable on macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, simultaneously. There are no web and desktop version license limitations that you have to follow for this PDF editor.
3. More Features Compared to PDF Candy
When it comes to the features, UPDF is more feature-fledge than PDF Candy after an in-depth overview of the tools. This can be more clarified if you look at some of the points discussed below:
- Read PDF: While reading a PDF file, you might need different reading modes and bookmarks to enhance your operations. With PDF Candy, you cannot add bookmarks in PDF, search text directly or run PDF as a slideshow, but there is no such thing in UPDF.
- Annotate PDF: When it comes to UPDF, you can insert squiggly lines, text boxes, comments, and callouts in a PDF file. With this tool, you can add stamps and stickers to the file and manage the annotation list, whereas PDF Candy doesn't support these features.
- Edit PDF: UPDF PDF editor allows you to add rich text and links in the PDF file for your ease. You can also delete, rotate, crop, and replace images and edit the background, but nothing like this can be done with PDF Candy. Learn more about how to edit a PDF file with UPDF.
- Convert PDF: One of the most demanded features of a PDF tool is its conversion feature. With a feature-rich tool like UPDF, you can convert PDF files into formats like CSV, GIF, Text, XML, HTML, PDF/A, and many more features. With PDF Candy, you can convert a PDF into Office format, different images, and rich text formats, which is quite restrictive.
- Organize PDF: When it comes to large PDF files with lots of important information, you need to customize them according to your needs. Using an exceptional tool like UPDF, you can extract, replace, insert, and rotate PDF pages, but PDF Candy does not support these tools.
- Protect and Share PDF: Setting a permission password and sending PDF files via emails and links cannot be done with PDF Candy, but it can be done with UPDF.
- Create PDF: When it comes to creating a blank PDF, PDF from photos, PDF from capture, and scan to PDF, you can take assistance from UPDF. Why choose this PDF tool? Because PDF Candy does not have these features.
- Printing PDF: If you are a working person, for example, a teacher who wishes to print PDF files, you need to use a tool like UPDF. While working with PDF Candy, you will not be able to print PDF files as this tool has no such feature.
4. Open Speed and Stable Performance
When it comes to large PDF files, users think it will be very difficult to operate them, but it is not the case when you do it with an innovative tool like UPDF. This tool opens and operates large PDF files very smoothly, and you can easily navigate the whole document. Other than this, the lag ratio of this PDF editor is zero, so you can work without any difficulty.
If you assess the speed of performance of PDF Candy, you can face many problems while operating large PDF files because they can get stuck while opening and working. This tool also lags when the internet speed is not good enough.
Part 3: FAQs about PDF Candy
1. Is PDF Candy free to use?
No, PDF Candy is not free to use, and you must buy it first. In case you work with the free version of this tool, it will automatically add the watermark on the document, which can affect its quality.
2. What is the cost of PDF Candy?
PDF Candy is not a budget-friendly tool, and there are three plans that you can buy to use this tool. The Web Monthly plan costs US$6, and Web Yearly costs US$48. At the same time, the Desktop + Web Lifetime plan will cost you US$99, which is quite expensive.
3. What is the safest PDF Converter?
The safest PDF converter you can use for your PDF files is UPDF. The data policy of this tool is very satisfactory, and you cannot face issues like a data breach.
4. What is the best PDF editor?
The best PDF editor must have rich features, be user-friendly, have fast open speed, stable performance, etc. More importantly, you can use its all features at an affordable cost. Based on these factors, UPDF is the best PDF editor for you. You can also learn more about the UPDF reviews from TheWindowsClub.
This article generally describes the difference between UPDF and PDF Candy. The difference shows that when it comes to UPDF VS PDF Candy, UPDF is the best tool, and you can use it for multiple purposes. Whether you want to convert, edit, annotate, OCR, or organize PDF files, everything can be done professionally with this tool.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates