The OCR or Optical Character Recognition in UPDF Converter can be used to convert scanned or image-based PDF into editable formats. Here are the steps:
Step 1. Add Files and Enable OCR
- Launch UPDF Converter and click "Add Files" button to import PDF documents. You can also drag-and-drop them from your local drive.
- Click the "three vertical dots" against the corresponding PDF file.
- In the panel on the right, toggle the OCR Setting slider to the "ON" position to enable the feature.
Step 2. Set OCR Language and the Page Range
- Below the toggle button, select the appropriate language.
- Click "Apply to All" if you want to use OCR on all the PDF files in the queue.
UPDF Converter OCR support 23 languages inlcuding English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Slovenian, Turkish, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese Tradition, Chinese Simplified, Japanese, Korean.
- You can also set a page range for OCR conversion.
Step 3. Select the Output format and Start
- Close the OCR Settings panel and choose the output file format.
- Click the "GO" button to start the conversion.
- The converted files will be saved and the destination folder will be displayed on your screen.