Many PDF editors exist in the market, providing services to users. Even though you have a never-ending list of editors to select from, the features make it easy to decide which one is the better among them. Adobe Acrobat has been in the market for over a decade, providing quick and effective PDF services to its users.
The tool, however, lacks in featuring simplicity for users. This can be found in UPDF, a new player in the market that has taken over the market in a storm. This article puts in a comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF, showing which one is better and how it makes them a more prominent player in the future.
Comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF
There are two versions of Adobe Acrobat DC, the Standard version and the Pro version. In this chart, we compare the Standard version, the Pro version, and UPDF.
|Pricing, Systems, and Features||Adobe Acrobat Standard DC||Adobe Acrobat Pro DC||UPDF|
|Work on systems||Windows only||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android|
|Read PDF||Open, view, and read PDFs|
|Add and manage bookmarks|
|Search text in PDFs|
|Display a PDF as a slideshow|
|Text Comment/Text Box/Text Callout/Sticky Note|
|Manage the annotation list|
|Edit PDF||Add text to PDFs|
|Edit existing text in PDFs|
|Add, delete, extract, rotate, crop, and replace images|
|Add and edit links, watermarks, background, header & footer|
|Add rich text by dragging and dropping|
|OCR||Turn scanned documents into searchable and editable PDFs|
|Convert PDF||Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, Text, RTF, HTML, XML, and Images (PNG, JPEG, TIFF)|
|Save PDF as PDF/A|
|Convert PDF to CSV|
|Convert PDF to BMP|
|Convert PDF to GIF|
|Organize PDF||Insert, Replace, Extract, Rotate, Split, Remove|
|Encrypt and Share||Add a Password to Protect PDFs|
|Redact sensitive information|
|Send a PDF by Email as an attachment|
|Share PDF via a link|
|Create PDF||Create a blank PDF|
|Create a PDF from Capture|
|Create PDF from other file formats|
|Print PDFs||Print PDFs|
|Fill and Sign||Fill out Forms||UPDF will release this feature on December 2022|
|Other Features||Combine files into one PDF||UPDF will release this feature on December 2022|
|Optimize PDF||UPDF will release this feature on December 2022|
Advantages that UPDF Holds Over Adobe Acrobat
In this part, we will be putting up a comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF and show you the reasons why UPDF holds precedence over Adobe Acrobat as a PDF editor. This comparison will be pretty helpful in making a good decision.
1. Price Differences
One major deal breaker for many users with Adobe Acrobat is its hefty price of $239.88/year for its Pro version. When put in comparison with UPDF, the PDF editor is only available for $29.99/year, which is almost ten times less. Even though you get more features in UPDF for managing PDFs, Adobe Acrobat charges much more, which does not sound right for a good PDF editor. Why go for such tools if you have a cheap and efficient option in the form of UPDF?
Adobe Acrobat pricing:
2. Usability of the Tool in Platforms
Another important point to discuss while comparing Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and UPDF is the usability of the licenses on multiple devices. Whenever you buy the Adobe Acrobat Standard DC license to get full access to the features of PDF management, you can only take it to the Windows system.
UPDF, on the other hand, provides the ability to use the PDF editor across all four platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, by buying a single-user license.
The diversity and extensivity of using the tool make it a better option in all terms. Being a user, you will always prefer using a tool that offers you the option of system variability. Thus, if you are on a trip, you can easily edit a PDF document on your smartphone without needing a desktop.
3. Features That You Cannot Find on Adobe Acrobat
There are many reasons why you should not prefer Adobe Acrobat instead of UPDF. While we have reviewed the pricing and compatibility distinctions in both devices, there is a clear difference in features between the tools. This makes UPDF preferable in the market in terms of Adobe Acrobat. For that, you must look into the variety of features that you cannot find on Adobe Acrobat as follows:
- Stickers: Stickers are a great way to enhance the outlook of a PDF document. Using these elements helps you express different emotions with the help of a single illustration. UPDF covers a dedicated list of stickers that can be easily used on PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat does not offer such features, thus showing a significant downside in its functionality.
- Add Rich Text by Dragging: Editing documents in UPDF is far better than Adobe Acrobat in every way. With more interactive tools, you have a great option of adding rich text directly to your PDFs by dragging it onto the PDF document. You can take any text from other platforms and paste it directly onto your PDF with UPDF. This, however, is not offered by Adobe Acrobat, which is quite concerning.
- Conversion Options: There are multiple options available to convert your PDF documents. Although you might find some basic file formats in the list of both UPDF and Adobe Acrobat, there are a few prominent file formats not provided by Adobe. You cannot find the option of converting PDF files into CSV, converting PDF files into BMP, or converting PDF files into GIF files with Adobe. Instead of this, UPDF does provide these options, making it a great utility.
- PDFs as Slideshow: While you can read PDFs on UPDF and Adobe Acrobat, a prominent feature is missing in Adobe Acrobat to enhance the reading experience of its users. There is no option of operating PDFs as a slideshow to allow the readers to read the PDFs easily without any distractions. UPDF, on the other hand, offers this feature.
- Cheaper OCR Tool: Adobe Acrobat helps you convert your scanned documents to editable and searchable PDF documents with its OCR tool. A similar function is provided by UPDF in its OCR tool. The major difference that comes between both tools is the difference in prices. Why go for an OCR tool that provides a hefty price tag? UPDF, thus, is the best option available for using the OCR function.
How Do You Choose a Good PDF Editor?
Though you have a great PDF editor in the form of UPDF, there are some factors that you should look at while selecting a good PDF editor for yourselves. These factors help you in finding the best tool that suits all major requirements, which are mentioned as follows:
One of the first things you should consider is that the PDF editor you consider using should not go heavy on your pockets. It should provide multiple PDF management and enhancement features without charging lots of money, just like UPDF does.
Impressive features are vital for a PDF editor to excel in the market. Where most PDF editors provide editing and annotation tools, a good PDF editor is always a step ahead in its features. You can observe this in UPDF, which does not disappoint with its extensivity of features.
3. OCR Capability
A PDF editor that does come with an OCR tool is not preferred in the market these days. It must have a good OCR tool that easily converts scanned PDFs into editable documents.
Are you seeking a PDF editor with proper buttons to guide you throughout? A good PDF editor always makes a user-friendly interface accessible to everyone. You can easily go through the features and sections without confusing yourselves. This is quite evident in UPDF, as it provides an excellent interface with no complications.
A PDF editor with diverse compatibility is accepted on more grounds. A PDF editor with desktop and smartphone compatibility will always be considered. This is why you can UPDF to be compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
This article has provided a clear comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF and displayed a clear winner among them. While you know more about these PDF editors, this article has also shown you how to select a good PDF editor. This will surely help you in your document management at different stages. To conclude, UPDF is the better choice for you if you want a cost-effective solution with rich features, including editing, annotating, OCR recognition, converting, protecting, and organizing PDFs.
- How to Fill in a PDF Form in 3 Methods
- Top 6 Super-Easy PDF Form Fillers on Mac
- How to Create a Fillable PDF on Mac
- How to Fill Out a 1099 Form - Miscellaneous Income
- How to Fill out a W-4 Form- Employee's Withholding Certificate
- How to Create a Fillable PDF in 3 Methods
- Top 50 Happy New Year 2023 Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
- How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac in 3 Methods
- How to Create a Fillable Form in Word
- Top 10 Fillable PDF Creators You Can't Miss